griffonsystems

ip software controlling analog ptz with coaxitron?

i found a coaxitron converter (ad3016 from bolide) that will convert the signal to rs485

so i guess my question becomes how does an ip system control cameras with rs485? or do the ptz have to be ip cameras?

thx

pg

Coaxitron is a little more complicated than just rs485.

I would call Pelco's number ( (800) 289-9100) and ask them about it.

I would certainly like to know the answer, specificly relating to ONSSI.

If it's an isolated Base100 camera only network with static IPs at the cameras you can run it over one of the open pairs, just pull them from the jacket before putting the RJ-45 on. Home run to the router and label them.

Make sure the pairs are actually available and parallel them back at the router. Especially if you are using PoE too.

I would check the brown pair for voltage at the camera, if none you can send RS-485 data down it.

pelco's coaxitron is rs422. you need a 232 to 422 converter if you are going to use the bolide converter. out of the pc serial port to the bolide(couple dips, one to select pelco D and the other for baud. i'm using 9600) and set the software to the protocol and the port on the bolide and viola,, absolute control. been swapping out older systems with pelco cm6700 (have a few if anybody is in need) and using VI servers with the bolide boxes. VI has a real nice control interface and i haven't had a problem with bolide (make sure you have or order a 12vdc 500ma ps and the 422 converter as i have got a few bolides with no ps and they don't supply the 422). you can also keep your pelco keybaord in place as the bolide has a keyboard port.

pelco's coaxitron is rs422. you need a 232 to 422 converter if you are going to use the bolide converter. out of the pc serial port to the bolide(couple dips, one to select pelco D and the other for baud. i'm using 9600) and set the software to the protocol and the port on the bolide and viola,, absolute control. been swapping out older systems with pelco cm6700 (have a few if anybody is in need) and using VI servers with the bolide boxes. VI has a real nice control interface and i haven't had a problem with bolide (make sure you have or order a 12vdc 500ma ps and the 422 converter as i have got a few bolides with no ps and they don't supply the 422). you can also keep your pelco keybaord in place as the bolide has a keyboard port.

PM me I need a CM6700 Or 2. I see them on ebay going for about $150 what's your price?