corviarbob

help with dvr and ipcam setup

ok i have a dvr and the only info it has is  h.264 on it for any information.

in the tiny cam app i use yale for camera brand and hd720 for camera model and doing that with regular plug in cameras i have 3 working. what i need is to get the wifi ip cameras that tiny cam sees to work on this dvr. so i set the cam up for lan connection and then cut a cat5 cable and got the orange/white and orange wires and connected them to the baulin adapter and plugged it into the dvr and i get no video. what is wrong. do i have to tell the dvr it is seeing a lan connected ip camera? is there any instructions from the very beginning to the end for doing this? anyone can you help me out here. thanks

1 hour ago, corviarbob said:

ok i have a dvr and the only info it has is  h.264 on it for any information.

in the tiny cam app i use yale for camera brand and hd720 for camera model and doing that with regular plug in cameras i have 3 working. what i need is to get the wifi ip cameras that tiny cam sees to work on this dvr. so i set the cam up for lan connection and then cut a cat5 cable and got the orange/white and orange wires and connected them to the baulin adapter and plugged it into the dvr and i get no video. what is wrong. do i have to tell the dvr it is seeing a lan connected ip camera? is there any instructions from the very beginning to the end for doing this? anyone can you help me out here. thanks

Hi. I was waiting for the punch line .......then realised you was not telling a joke.

what you have to tell to Dvr is it has to turn into a NVR 

you can't do what you are asking ..... IP is digital dvr is analog.

you can't put balun on LAN setup