corviarbob

help with dvr setup

i have a dvr that i'm trying to get 3 cams to work on the tinycam app. it is an h.264 network dvr  the box says model 1:dvr-v1416d  i can't find this model in the tinycam camera models. but maybe someone has a way to fool tinycam into showing it.  i used the ipcam app on it and it gave me zmodo  for the brand and dvr-8104uv mobile port for the model and when i enter that into tinycam it will show the cameras but they drop out in a few seconds. i can only get one to stay on in the app. so what i have to find out is what dvr might work with the tinycam app alex the owner of the app told me yale and hd720 but that does the same thing show only one cam the rest just drop out.

i have a zmodo dvr an h.264 with 8 cams on it and tinycam sees them perfect all day long without any issues. they never drop out. i have been looking for another one like this zmodo on ebay but it is an older one and i have yet to find one like it. i'm afraid to just get another zmodo dvr because of the problems i'm having with this h.264 network dvr. spend the money and if it fails to work i'm out the money. i do not need that aggravation unless other here are using one with tinycam without any issues. i guess about any dvr will work for me as long as tinycam will run the cameras all day everyday with no issues.

thanks

2 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Would it not be better .... if your buying a new dvr .... to buy one with its own app. 

Mir is always better than using a 3rd party

i agree but the problem is i will have 2 dvr units and the zmodo i have runs great on the tinycam app i would like to now have to use 2 different apps if at all possible.  the zmodo unit i have does not work on the zmodo apps it must be before the apps and in reading some of the zmodo threads on there site i see they also have tons of issues with there apps.  i did use there app on a few zmodo ip cams i had and i did not like that app.  thanks i'm hoping someone here has figured out how to get the 16 channel dvr i now have on the table to run in tinycam or maybe tell me if the ipcam app from robert chou will show 16 cameras and i iwll get that ap and figure that one out.   thanks for the help.

i did install 3 zmodo apps and they all were the same all they wanted to look at was my funlux camera. so do they have one that works with any other camera yet? thanks

42 minutes ago, corviarbob said:

i did install 3 zmodo apps and they all were the same all they wanted to look at was my funlux camera. so do they have one that works with any other camera yet? thanks

You talked of using ipcam in your last post  so I answered with

4 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Just load the app and see ... it’s free

8 hours ago, corviarbob said:

maybe tell me if the ipcam app from robert chou will show 16 cameras and i iwll get that ap and figure that one out.

Still your best option is to download it ....and try

i have the lite and basic app i guess i can spend the 5.00 to test it but was hoping someone has that app and can tell me so i just don't waste my money.  i did send email to robert chou and now i will see if he returns it and says yes or no. he sent me off to a hitmoboby forum but i browsed for a bit and did not see anything saying how many cams per page max. i tried to register and ask but for some reason it did not let me register. thanks for the help

i did finally get registered on the hit.mob forum thanks.  robert helped me