Sign in to follow this  
jpf566

Outdoor 2 Way Audio + No Monthly Fees + Google Home Integration + 24/7 recording = ??

Hey everyone! I'm new here. I've been researching cameras for longer than I'd like to admit. The main things I'm looking for are in the title (Outdoor 2 Way Audio + No Monthly Fees + Google Home Integration + 24/7 recording) Been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Swann 8 Channel 4K NVR setup as it seems to check all the boxes but not sure if there are better alternatives with more user friendly software and good tech support? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

To be honest, most of the systems are made in China. If this system checks your boxes then pull the trigger on. 

Just make sure you purchase from a reputable place.

Hi. I would look at lorex over the Swann 

looking at the Swann spec ......they live in dream world 

4x 4K cameras with audio with 2tb hard drive and they say 300+ days recording

You will be lucky to get 3 days with 24/7

image.jpeg

14 minutes ago, larry said:

To be honest, most of the systems are made in China. If this system checks your boxes then pull the trigger on. 

Just make sure you purchase from a reputable place.

Would you recommend a custom setup with blue iris or something like that? I'm not opposed to getting my hands a little dirty and have decent knowledge of networking and all that. 

20 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. I would look at lorex over the Swann 

looking at the Swann spec ......they live in dream world 

4x 4K cameras with audio with 2tb hard drive and they say 300+ days recording

You will be lucky to get 3 days with 24/7

image.jpeg

Hahaha yeah those specs are silly. Alright thanks yeah I've looked into Lorex, I don't think they have Google Home integration, at least not right out of the box but i'll dig a bit more into that. 

A custom setup takes a little more research, work  and money. The computer would have to be dedicated to the surveillance system. As for a VMS, since you are looking at a 8 channel system, look at Milestone XProtect (8 channels) or LuxRiot Evo (9 channels). Both are commercial grade and free.