Sign in to follow this  
stano711

Hanwha IP camera on Hikvision DVR

I am preparing to purchase  Hanwha/Samsung QND-6070R 2MP IP cameras and we are using a Hikvision SD-9016HQUI-SH-4T DVR.  Should that be compatible?  These cameras are interior in our art museum galleries with 14 ft high ceilings and probably never more than 20 ft away.  We are buying from a dealer/commercial installer so we get correct firmware.  The Hikvision dealer first proposed a $1020 Hikvision 20MP IP camera(we will NEVER need that resolution!) and I'm still waiting for a less expensive camera model quote from him...it's been 4 days and I have a ever shrinking time window to purchase.  Thanks for any replies!

1 hour ago, stano711 said:

buying from a dealer/commercial installer so we get correct firmware

Your dealer knows nothing about cctv 

max 6mp recorder but wants to sell you $1000 20mp camera 

have you bought the recorder yet ???

also why are you looking at 2mp ip camera when you will save a lot of money buying 4mp tvi cameras ...... they start from as little as$35

We already have the DVR.  I did get/order a 2MP IP Hikvision camera model from our dealer for aprox $360 with features that included 'unattended baggage'...besides the timing was urgent.  Also, as a museum with 20K sq ft of gallery space, we are continuously changing our walls/floor plan and need to move these gallery cameras around easily.  With one single network connection(cat 5e) to an above ceiling centrally located multi port POE switch this is very simple.

We have a total of 13 older analog cameras for the perimeter of the building and entry doors that we may replace as time passes.  We currently have them connected to the DVR with cat 5e and a balun at either end.  Can these TVI cameras connect to these existing cable runs without any additional accessories?

Thank you for your reply.

1 hour ago, stano711 said:

I did get/order a 2MP IP Hikvision camera model from our dealer for aprox $360

Yes you can install 5mp tvi on your existing cat5 and baluns. 

You need to spend more time on the forum before you spend anymore from your so called distributor 

you must be the only person  on earth to pay $360 for a hikvision 2mp ip camera. 

Stick with hikvision ip cameras .....the only reason your looking at Samsung is that your supplier is too expensive 

you should not be paying anymore that $80 for a hikvision 2mp ip camera... imfact $100 will get you hikvision 5mp ip.

change your supplier