Sign in to follow this  
Spasiba

Question about a AHD Security Camera

Purchased a AHD Security Camera off Aliexpress not sure what the issue is with the camera but link to the camera is below..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-0MP-1080P-HD-AHD-TVI-CVI-1200TVL-CCTV-Security-CS-Box-Color-Mini-Camera-OSD/32882234708.html

Problem I am having is that their is no picture showing when it's plugged in and power is on, I removed the cap that blacks the sensor and I can clearly see the chip in the back.

Red LED on the back of the camera comes on, have the camera connected to a BNC plug that runs to a dash cam monitor no picture is showing on the monitor also tried using a USB capture card that connects to a computer still no image all of the stuff I am using works fine with other BNC security camera's.

I am not sure if their is a bad board I opened the camera enclosure housing every thing is connected wires look fine but no video shows up I should at least see a over exposed video but nothing.

Was told by the seller on Aliexpress that I need a AHD DVR to test that camera would that really be true that the camera would only work with a DVR and can't be tested without a AHD DVR I am a bit confused why that camera wouldn't be able to display a picture without a AHD Dvr but all my other BNC camera's work fine without a DVR.

They all use a 12v 1a AD/DC adapter and have a BNC plug and will work fine with the monitor or USB capture card connected as far as I know nothing is different.

47 minutes ago, Spasiba said:

I am a bit confused why that camera wouldn't be able to display a picture without a AHD Dvr but all my other BNC camera's work fine without a DVR.

Hi. Yes you need a dvr .....your camera is a 4 in 1 and a dvr would detect the format I.e cvi tvi AHD or analog..

you can't use a HD camera direct onto a monitor 

you can with old standard analog cameras

On 2/13/2019 at 6:29 PM, cctvman1379 said:

On that camera change the mode to cvbs a d it'll work without DVR although the image quality wont be the same as the HD side of the Image

Tried that couldn't get a menu to show up, also the buttons on the back of the camera are not making the menu come up either.

The button on the back of that camera has a set button pressing on it doesn't bring up a menu, took the cap off the front of the camera, their is no image going thru the camera.

Tried using a BNC to USB capture card nothing tried connecting it to a small monitor no image shows on it either.

And I am using the CVBS cable both cables have a yellow plug one for male and one for female.

It's freaking silly if the camera can only be used by a DVR I have never heard of a security camera that requires a DVR to work.

The seller on Aliexpress claims you need a DVR as well.

You'll need a DVR to change the mode but once in the cvbs mode it'll not need the DVR could you get take it to someone who's got a DVR with HD input and change the setting through their DVR 

Eh gonna have to give a call around town for a security camera shop and see if I can get them to do that, will double check the out come of the camera by disconnecting it and hooking it up to a small monitor and seeing if it stays.

I mean here's the funny thing I right now have a HD UTC Controller I've set it to both AHD and CBVS and it didn't pop up a menu with the UTC controller which is why I find it a bit funny do I really need to do this connected to a DVR or should the UTC Controller enable me to switch.

I guess I might have obviously left that part out about me having a UTC controller.

hi itv controller still will not work as the output is still AHD so  won’t work on monitor 

you can go to cctv shops but like spec says it is a default AHD .... power down it will go back to AHD 

also so did you buy the camera for it’s spec ? 2mp

9 hours ago, tomcctv said:

hi itv controller still will not work as the output is still AHD so  won’t work on monitor 

you can go to cctv shops but like spec says it is a default AHD .... power down it will go back to AHD 

also so did you buy the camera for it’s spec ? 2mp

Video Astronomy was trying different camera's that are as small as that camera and that could use a 1.25'' adapter. It looked very similar to the Revolution Imager camera that sells for $300 bundled, was trying to save a bit of money trying to see if I could just find the same camera or one like it.

Cause I don't really need the bundled kit.

At this rate I've almost spent enough money trying camera's like this that either don't have OSD with UTC feature.

I believe a few other people possible came here asking about camera's for Video Astronomy.