menorcarob

Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 adding a speaker

Hi

I have installed a HIKVISION NVR DS-7608NI-K2/8P and five DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras, I would like to use the Audio input for a microphone and the Audio output for a speaker can you please tell me what kit you recommend for this, I want to be able to talk through the HIKVISION APP to anyone who enters the property and be able to hear them, I do not want to record the conversations, also I would like to operate a siren from the app is that possible.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris

Usually this requires a PA amp with RCA input then connecting to a 100v line Speakers but you may be able to find some kind of powered speaker out there if its only a small install. Regarding listening to audio, that's a real slippery slope to get involved in, has multiple privacy implications. it boils down to the fact people should have the right to a private conversation. For instance you could overhear a phone call to their doctor.

51 cent, thanks for the link, but i dont have cameras with sound, it appears i can do this with a small amp, i have ordered one and will report back when i have it working

Sir Lancelot 

Thanks for the reply, I have ordered a small amp so I will let you know what happens, I only want to speak to the person NOT record, so I think that should be ok, but I will check with the local authority 

On 2/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, menorcarob said:

Hi

I have installed a HIKVISION NVR DS-7608NI-K2/8P and five DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras, I would like to use the Audio input for a microphone and the Audio output for a speaker can you please tell me what kit you recommend for this, I want to be able to talk through the HIKVISION APP to anyone who enters the property and be able to hear them, I do not want to record the conversations, also I would like to operate a siren from the app is that possible.

Regards

Chris

Yes it is possible only from the outlet on back of nvr ..... pc speakers are a good use for this application and as for a mic you will need a powered mic .... also from the back of nvr

As for a siren yes your nvr is compatible to control one 

i would use 12v siren and use the n/o connector on the i/o board (to right of audio inputs) and use that to switch the negative from siren

14 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Yes it is possible only from the outlet on back of nvr ..... pc speakers are a good use for this application and as for a mic you will need a powered mic .... also from the back of nvr

As for a siren yes your nvr is compatible to control one 

i would use 12v siren and use the n/o connector on the i/o board (to right of audio inputs) and use that to switch the negative from siren

Not sure how pc speakers would apply to this application unless you wanted to talk to someone while they were stood in front of the recorder???

The professional solution as I said is distributed audio using a PA amp and typically 100v line speakers. These can then be scattered around the property and daisy chained together.

This will only cover being able to speak to them, if you want them to speak back or listen to what they are doing, you will also need to install mics. 

Personally I find it easier to install cameras with the mics built in but if that’s no longer an option then something like this.

https://www.systemq.com/Product/CCT619

However if you used POE to power the cameras, you will need a separate 12v supply to power them.

Tom is right about the siren, use one of the relays on the back of the recorder. You will also need a 12v supply.

I would suggest installing a 12v box supply for mics and siren.

2 hours ago, Sir Lenscelot said:

Not sure how pc speakers would apply to this application unless you wanted to talk to someone while they were stood in front of the recorder???

Please explain to use all why it would not work  why do they need to be only stood next to recorder

3 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Please explain to use all why it would not work  why do they need to be only stood next to recorder

Because he wants to someone to hear him when they enter the property. PC speakers are designed for sound output from a PC, hence they usually have a short lead and 3.5mm jack. They are not designed for distributed audio throughout a property. So I say again, unless they are standing next to the recorder, what good are they. Potentially you could extend the speakers but again they wouldn’t be designed for mounting on a wall or recessing into a ceiling.

Menorcarob, If it’s something like this it will be fine, just don’t exceed the total wattage for the speaker outputs, when using 100v line you add the wattages together. So this amp should be good for 2x15w 100v speakers for example.

https://www.inta-audio.com/eagle-p650b-30w-100v-line-mixer-amplifier-p9157

Also make sure the speaker cable is double insulated. This is 100v after all so treat it with more care. If in doubt you can buy 100v line cable.

Edited by larry
removed some language

3 hours ago, Sir Lenscelot said:

Because he wants to someone to hear him when they enter the property. PC speakers are designed for sound output from a PC, hence they usually have a short lead and 3.5mm jack. They are not designed for distributed audio throughout a property.

Oh ok .... we will put an alert on the forum to anyone over the years who have used pc speakers to remove them from there system as they don’t work

but pc speakers do have amplified sound and there is a thing called cable so as you do not need to put them buy the recorder you simply extend the cable.

saying can’t use pc speakers is just another way for you to start a argument as there is nothing at all wrong with using them and in some cases they are ideal 

When did I ever say it wouldn’t work. I pointed out you could extend the cable however what you could do and what you should do are two very different things.

In no case and I mean no case are PC speakers ideal.

First of all pc speakers are stereo, the output on a recorder is mono, only one speaker will work without some alterations.

Typically leads are prefixed with a 3.5mm jack. The output is RCA, again you will have to cobble something together.

Extending cable is again messy. If your installing remote speakers, install speakers designed to be installed, e.g wall mountable with terminals at both ends.

Install speakers you can expand upon.

PA speakers are designed for public address it’s in the name, they are designed for voice applications. 

I’m not starting an argument just pointing out fact.

I’m sure the people looking on here are looking for sound professional advice, not a hobbled together solution. 

6 hours ago, menorcarob said:

Hi 

I have purchased an outdoor Eagle Horn speaker, and amp, as I will be using this feature remotely 

Hi. It does not matter what you use ... it would be remote via recorder

as nothing was said about the application audio was going to be used for home or business.

for your application it might of been better and no extra wires is to use the hik speaker and mic 

C70A9D0B-C8A7-4512-B616-772E863AFA59.png

8 minutes ago, Sir Lenscelot said:

I’m not starting an argument just pointing out fact.

It’s not a fact at all ..... many people have used them ...... many manuals recommend them 

neather of use know what application they are going to be used for but now the op has picked something like the eagle then we now know and the hik would of been a much better option than a puplic address system

it would be good for the forum if you post your advice and let others post there’s 

If hiks a better solution, please post a link, I’m sorry but I’m not aware of hik manufacturing a speaker product?

There is a powered PA solution, a speaker with a built in amp, built still needs power, so extra wires. I suggested that but the op decided to go with the amp solution.

If there is an all in one solution that requires no extra cabling then great, I would like to know for future reference. Please provide a link?

I’m merely having a discussion which is what a forum is for. 

The application is clear, it is for remote use, with at least 5 cameras so chances are he isn’t putting them all in one room. He calls it a property, not usual talk if it was his home. I may be wrong though.