BenGy

Playback jumping 2 seconds CMS

Does anyone know how to stop playback going at 2 second fast forward in CMS constantly? I press play repeatedly and suddenly sometimes it plays normally, then starts skipping ahead in 2 second skips. I have repeatedly clicked the fast forward and sometimes that will work just for a couple of seconds before it starts it again. Same with clicking the slow forward, which doesn't work at all. Its really quite annoying when you are trying to see what is happening in footage. It means I have to download the part I want each time just to review the footage at normal speed. DVR was replaced and this one does exactly the same. 

Using CMS.exe on Windows 10 PC connected to the router the DVR is connected to. 

Hi. What make is your recorder. ... Why did you opt for CMS.exe .... You need to remove it ..... Full of threats to you PC security .... And also goes to 3rd party

its much safer to use recorders software.

3 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. What make is your recorder. ... Why did you opt for CMS.exe .... You need to remove it ..... Full of threats to you PC security .... And also goes to 3rd party

its much safer to use recorders software.

Hi. CMS was the software recommended by the manufacturer Sansco. I opted to using the CMS software for an easy way of viewing footage through the network. Using dvr software through the directly connected monitor is troublesome as one the the non sansco cameras appear blank during playback.

Hi. It will be much quicker to just enter the local IP of your recorder into your PC browser and then follow the instructions on screen to load remote view direct for recorder.

14 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. It will be much quicker to just enter the local IP of your recorder into your PC browser and then follow the instructions on screen to load remote view direct for recorder.

When I access the DVR from chrome I get NetSurveillance open I log in but the window says plugin not supported, and in MS Edge it just doesn't show any feed under either cam 1 or 2

Hi. You will need to load with explore for it to work. Then just use the app it places on your desktop 

remember to run as administrator when loading 

That's great. So far the playback is working much better than CMS. Can I ask how and what you mean by use the app it places on the desktop? Cheers.

22 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. You will need to load with explore for it to work. Then just use the app it places on your desktop 

remember to run as administrator when loading 

12 minutes ago, BenGy said:

That's great. So far the playback is working much better than CMS. Can I ask how and what you mean by use the app it places on the desktop? Cheers.

Hi. Sorry I ment icon ...... On first setup it would of asked if you wanted a shortcut icon placed on desktop 

but glad it works for you ..... I would recommend you delete everything to do with CMS.exe.

• Thanks 1