chatlourd

Sentient (MAPLIN) DVR is actually a Dahua DVR - Everything Explained

Hello everyone, just thought I would put up a quick post for all of you out there struggling with your Sentient DVR configuration and setup like I was before until now. 

Maplin seems to have completely abandoned support for the Sentient DVR and it's extremely difficult to find any information on the internet about it. Even the iOS app is no longer available in the app store.

However, all hope is not lost. It turns out that Sentient DVRs are actually just rebranded DAHUA DVRs and there is a wealth of support available for Dahua DVRs on the net. 

Dahua systems even have there own Wiki https://dahuawiki.com/ where you will find all the answers to all your issues.

To setup remote access to your Sentient/Dahua DVR using iOS like myself simply use the Dahua app (iDMSS Lite) https://apps.apple.com/us/app/idmss-lite/id517936193

You can then setup access by simply scanning the P2P QR code on your DVR network settings.

I hope this helps those who have been struggling like myself!

Maplins are not trading now, thats why there is no support for Sentient products. I have a Sentient 8 channel DVR. I am upgrading my system with a Swann CCTV system.

Martin 

Hi, I know it’s been a while since you posted the add but I’ve just found it while trying to upgrade the firmware on my sentient pro DVR, I was just wondering if you know which firmware goes to which camera  setup (I have Device Model:HCVR.. Channels:4... Systom Version:3.200.0001.17... Duild Date:17-03-2015.. Web:3.1.0.5..) Thanks Richard