Sign in to follow this  
Blake101

Direct Burial RG59

I installed 12 cameras appx 2 yrs ago, 9 with regular cable and 3 with direct burial cable. Everything has worked perfect until a few months ago, 2 of my cameras that are using the direct burial cables are having picture problems. Checked the cameras on another run and they work perfect, changed out the compression fittings and nothing changed, still a bad pictured. So I am thinking the cable is going bad.  This is the cable I used

****Due to the Thick Outter Sheath of the Cable a Razer Blade MUST be used to Seperate the RG59 from the 18/2 Cable.****
AW-RG59U-S-5B-DB, RG-59/U Siamese Direct Burial Cable, 500 ft., 100% solid bare copper core, 95% bare copper shielding and stranded bare copper 18/2 power wire, UV resistant.

I didn't put it in conduit. Can someone recommend a good quality cable for me. Just didn't think I would be replacing it in two years.

Thanks for the reply I will look into the Belden cable. Does anyone else have any suggestions on cable or any idea what else to look for?