Sign in to follow this  
kikocabj

Account is locked Dahua DVR

Hello! I'm having problems with a Dahua DVR of a friend of mine and need help. He has a Dahua DVR XVR5116HS and 2 IP cameras. It shows "account is locked" in both cameras when I put the admin account. I guess that the old guy who installed the DVR and the cameras locked the account. I already tried a factory reset via the menu but it didn't work. I power cycled it for 30 mins and nothing. I tried creating a new account: test / test but when I edit the cameras it shows "account doesn't exist". The only one that seems to "work" is the admin but its locked.

I have the user and passwords right: 888888 / 888888 and admin / admin123 (I changed it when It reset because It didn't let me put the same old password "admin".

What else can I try? All the network configs are OK: router IP, cameras IP, etc. (I don't know if this has something to do with it)

One thing I tried is to export the config from the DVR to a pendrive, to put it in my PC and change the accounts from there (or delete them). I can see the exported folder but the files there are unreadable. Opened them with the notepad and all I see are symbols.

If there's anything else I could try please let me know!

The account that is locked is not on the DVR itself, it is on the cameras which is why everything you have done has not resolved the issue. Depending on the age of the cameras the username and password could be admin and admin. If the cameras are from the last 2 years or so the cameras would have had to have had a new password set on them when setting up for the first time much like you had to do on the DVR after defaulting it. I would suggest trying to log into the cameras using a web browser on a laptop as you may get the option to reset the password from there. 

There is also usually a hard reset button on the cameras somewhere.  You push and hold it in for 30 seconds while the cameras are plugged in, after that the cameras should take the password of the NVR.  Only do this if you can't log into them as suggested.