Sign in to follow this  
LemonsUK

4G Solar Powered Camera?

Hey all,

I'm looking at purchasing a Reolink Go PT, I've watched this review and it looks pretty good: https://youtu.be/A7S1zihmF-I

However I wanted to know if any of you have tried this camera? Or can recommend any other suitable cameras. I need it to be 4G and powered by solar really as it will be mounted in a remote location and when I'm not there I won't have the generator running.

If you have any cheaper suggestions that would be good although I'm not too technical so would need it to be simple as possible! Asking a lot I know!

Mainly, this is the first time I've heard of Reolink, Are they a good brand?

I've had Swan and Sannice cameras in the past but they were cheaper NVR type systems.

Cheers all,

Leo

Hi. It depends on what you want the camera for. 
the reolink is a lot of money but most of the features are pointless.... and it has a very short battery life. 

first it is advertised as a PTZ.    Pan Tilt Zoom

but I fact it’s just a PT ....... it has no zoom

next problem is you don’t want it to make sound when used in remote location or it will be found and stolen as it will alert its self to where it is. 

next. If you use the PT function and leave it looking at one spot it will not record elsewhere around it ...... only if your watching it 24/7 is the pan and tilt useful and that will flatten the battery after a few hours

expensive camera that can be stolen hours or days after install

I've had four of Reolink Go PT recording 24/7 since June and no issues.

Just put up two more last weekend without issue so far.

On 2/10/2021 at 2:21 AM, AltVision said:

I've had four of Reolink Go PT recording 24/7 since June and no issues.

Reolink is easily accessible from here in my region and fairly cheap.

Just put up two more last weekend without issue so far.

Thanks for posting! I have a question related to reolink. Do the GO Cameras work with Ting??

Solar powered camera is definitely a very convenient thing that I now want to find and buy. I already have many different devices that work directly with the help of solar energy, as I found excellent panels and an inverter on https://www.renogy.com/inverters/. I advise you to read more information about this.