bisonwrangler

Ranch Setup in Northern Michigan

Hello,

Total newbie to security cameras and system design, any help would be appreciated. Even pointing toward a company that could help with a solution. Attached is a file showing distances for cameras/home base. Plug and play solutions are ideal due to my limited technical experience but I haven't come across this type in my searching on the internet (may be looking for the wrong thing).

Goal – to have a security camera system to monitor livestock at a remote location.

Security Camera Requirements

-Two to four cameras providing live feed accessible on the internet and from mobile devices, could be stills that could be refreshed by user if that cheapens data package. No cameras need to be ultra-definition, 1080p will be sufficient; less could probably be accepted.

-camera one to be PTZ pole mounted on existing tall pole with electrical power, would like this camera to be the clearest and potentially have optical zoom

-camera two has access to power, it would also be nice to be a PTZ and a pole can be installed.

-camera three is optional. There is no power where it would be mounted, solar would be the option. System should be able to handle addition of this camera in the future.

-Outdoor mounting for all cameras. Also, our climate is cold and snowy in the winter with -10 to -30 degrees F possible.

-There is a shed at corral area with power and can be used as a base station area. There is no heat, but a climate-controlled box could be installed.

Transmission options

Option One

House that is located 600’ away has internet and wifi (it is fairly slow). There is a shed with power where equipment can be mounted at the corral.

-Could cameras connect to a base unit at the shed and use a wifi repeater or bridge to send information back to the house?

Option Two

Use 4G connectivity at the shed to upload live footage to the cloud. Equipment at the shed can be powered and heated if needed.

Security cameras.pdf

Hi bison 

nice to see your doing your homework it does save you lots of money in the end. 

a system does not require using your slow home network as an IP system is a standalone local network on its own

and plug and play so it’s something you can install yourself 

I would use a 4way nvr with 4 cameras ( can be ptz or standard cameras) for the close areas and for your remote areas I would use 4g ptz cameras with solar say two of them 

iP cameras don’t need power at camera location as cat5e cable also powers the camera.  Cable runs upto 400ft

as for your remote cameras who do you use for your cell phone …… Vodafone t-mobile and some others do a cell plan for $10 a month does not matter how much data 

it all depends on your budget ?

I do a lot of these. You can bridge the locations together. You can put the NVR at the House. The main key is having the electricity where you need it or you can do solar.

Make sure the PTZ is mounted high and that its home position is not zoomed very much. the cheaper the PTZ the more the wind will shake it. 

On 12/9/2021 at 10:53 AM, GusReisner said:

I do a lot of these. You can bridge the locations together. You can put the NVR at the House. The main key is having the electricity where you need it or you can do solar.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I guess I am having trouble understanding how to bridge them together? what collects the video data at the remote site and "beams" it to the NVR are the home site? 

sorry for the delay. you can use multipoint bridges. you have one at each location connecting all locations together. The NVR will be connected to the same network as the bridges. Just picture the bridges as network cables connecting the locations together. may need switch at each location depending on what is at each location that needs network access. you can email me at gus@powersystems.pro if you have questions.