hometownsecurity

Netmedia Modulators and Camodulators

Anybody here had any experiences (good or bad) with NetMedia Modulators or Camodulators (cameras with modulators built in). I have a residential application for an outdoor camera that will be used to keep an eye on a driveway. These would be perfect, cost wise. I am just not sure about combining both devices in one. Any thoughts about this or ideas on decent, budget priced day/night outdoor cameras?

I've used the MM70 a couple of times, and I have had no problems to speak of. Simple to set up, and gives a good picture, and doesn't appear to hamper the normal cable TV signal.

If its just a single camera, you can just plug it into a scart socket with a scart to phono adapter with a bnc to phono adapter on that. Many tvs and almost all vcrs should have a spare scart socket. Just switch to the relavent A/V channel, and then there is no need for a modulator.

What is a scart socket?

I was wondering if it is possible to use a BNC to RCA adaptor and run that straight in a TV. This would work for a single TV house, but most houses nowadays have several TVs and that makes a modulator more appealing.

What is a scart socket?

I was wondering if it is possible to use a BNC to RCA adaptor and run that straight in a TV. This would work for a single TV house, but most houses nowadays have several TVs and that makes a modulator more appealing.

Scart is only in Europe, insert RCA or composite.

Yup you can go directly from camera to TV/VCR with a BNC/RCA adapter. Thats how I do door cameras, Cam>BNC "T" one leg to local LCD one leg back to the DVR.

You don't really want to modulate each camera, get a DVR with a multiplex output and modulate that.