Sign in to follow this  
RyanBurger

Video surveillance using smartphone

Hello everyone! I did my small research because I want to set up video surveillance through a smartphone. My purpose is to watch over my car. My choice fell on the Faceter app. I hasten to ask for your advice. The question is does faceter have night vision and how reliable is the system overall? 

33 minutes ago, RyanBurger said:

Hello everyone! I did my small research because I want to set up video surveillance through a smartphone. My purpose is to watch over my car. My choice fell on the Faceter app. I hasten to ask for your advice. The question is does faceter have night vision and how reliable is the system overall? 

Hey! This is the first time I've heard of this, but since you did the research, you know what you're talking about. In general, video surveillance through smartphones works fine. I use another application for another reason. I won’t tell you about night vision on Faceter, I am not sure mobile app can have this feature.

30 minutes ago, RyanBurger said:

Hi ….. no night vision needs to be done at camera end ….. and using a mobile phone also prevents night vision as it stays colour so can’t even use additional IR lighting as mobile also has no filtering

you need to do more home work ……Faceter is a rip-off and you should of also looked at there privacy policy

stpre and track your internet usage

track mobile location

stores your contact list from all devices connected to the same network

also have you seen the cost of you getting the footage back

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi ….. no night vision needs to be done at camera end ….. and using a mobile phone also prevents night vision as it stays colour so can’t even use additional IR lighting as mobile also has no filtering

you need to do more home work ……Faceter is a rip-off and you should of also looked at there privacy policy

stpre and track your internet usage

track mobile location

stores your contact list from all devices connected to the same network

also have you seen the cost of you getting the footage back

Don't you think Alfred steal our data too? I am pretty sure it does 

7 minutes ago, Stefon22 said:

Don't you think Alfred steal our data too? I am pretty sure it does 

They might do …. But it’s only stupid people who allow it 

it’s not about turning mobile device into a camera it’s about Faceter collecting data not even associated with mobile into cctv

monitoring your web history 

collecting address book

op only wants to monitor his car …. Not give away his life 

Faceter is a bad app

On 6/24/2022 at 11:24 PM, tomcctv said:

They might do …. But it’s only stupid people who allow it 

it’s not about turning mobile device into a camera it’s about Faceter collecting data not even associated with mobile into cctv

monitoring your web history 

collecting address book

op only wants to monitor his car …. Not give away his life 

Faceter is a bad app

I was testing different apps these days and wanna share that Faceter doesn't ask for address book permision. Just regular camera, microphone and file storage. 

I also tried Aldfredo and it works fine for me too. Now I am testing Faceter to watch over my car. This night app detected strange movement activity, it was a stranger, but nothing bad happened. 

Can someone advice me a good stand for the phone? I wannna put another phone in the kids room 

2 hours ago, RyanBurger said:

I was testing different apps these days and wanna share that Faceter doesn't ask for address book permision. Just regular camera, microphone and file storage. 

Hi direct from there website 

To access and use the Website, participate in Faceter token sale event and for other purposes that will be mentioned further in this Policy we may process and/or collect the following Personal Data (by the way of example):

• First and last name;
  • Email address;
  • Address;
  • Date of birth;
  • ID, residency and source of funds verification documents (e.g. copies of a passport/ID card and utility bills) and data contained in such documents (e.g. home or another physical address, phone/mobile number, gender).

so you only want to watch your car yet let a 3rd party know everything about you

giving out data to some company you don’t know is and always will be a security risk

using old mobile phones with free 3rd party software always has a problem

……….. nothing in this world is for free…………..

in this case it’s data collection to sell on that’s how they make money from you using free software

much better to buy a budget 1 camera HD system nvr …….. months of free storage and it’s yours without a 3rd party

I edited this post after doing a IP check 2hrs later

Faceter      Is a data collection owned by a Russian company ….. started 2019 based in Orenburg

so not worth using a mobile as camera

On 6/29/2022 at 12:12 AM, tomcctv said:

I edited this post after doing a IP check 2hrs later

Faceter      Is a data collection owned by a Russian company ….. started 2019 based in Orenburg

so not worth using a mobile as camera

I just registered to say that I am a part of the Faceter app team and want to say that the application does not steal any personal data or your contact list.
Access to the camera and microphone is required because the application work won't be possible without them. Storage access is required because your archive may be saved on your device.  
And what's more, the app never asks for permission to access your contact list.

So guys, if you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime. 

26 minutes ago, Lazarovsky Andrew said:

I just registered to say that I am a part of the Faceter app team and want to say that the application does not steal any personal data or your contact list.

Yes your the second with same IP address 

WHO said anything about steal ……. I said collect information 

the link above was typed by your company and direct from your company terms and conditions 

so who is wrong….. you or your terms

33 minutes ago, Lazarovsky Andrew said:

Access to the camera and microphone is required because the application work won't be possible without them. Storage access is required because your archive may be saved on your device.  

More crap …….. which means you collect the video and audio ……. Audio should be a option but it’s not

and storage needed ….. that in its self tells you your storing footage with audio

can you confirm your Russian based?

your not the first over the years to try and use old mobile devices as a camera system the fact is it does not work 

your slightly different as you store the footage 

let us know what the cost is to get it back from you ……. Yes you list tokens …… which is more crap

Both apple and android have there own security app with links to drop box  without going to a Russian server and more secure and no costs

3 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

More crap …….. which means you collect the video and audio ……. Audio should be a option but it’s not

and storage needed ….. that in its self tells you your storing footage with audio

can you confirm your Russian based?

your not the first over the years to try and use old mobile devices as a camera system the fact is it does not work 

your slightly different as you store the footage 

let us know what the cost is to get it back from you ……. Yes you list tokens …… which is more crap

Both apple and android have there own security app with links to drop box  without going to a Russian server and more secure and no costs

No reason to be such a paranoic buddy. No one need your data. 

The app is free and easy to use for everyone. The true meaning of the app is easy surveillance for everyone. 

The company is registred in Johannesburg buddy and you should not confuse Faceter camera with FACE token. This is diffent thnings 

58 minutes ago, Lazarovsky Andrew said:

No reason to be such a paranoic buddy. No one need your data. 

Nothing paranoid……… it does not bother me at all 

All I am doing is educating members 

now you have listed twice it’s free …… no mention of monthly fee ……… and it does have a fee ……. Cost is how much data you hold THATS on your website 

now about the tokens …… no I am not mistaken 

it is also on your website and other associated with faceter

“FACETER's computer-vision surveillance technology is powered by a fog network of cryptocurrency miners.”

it’s not good having 3 people on the forum all pushing the product within 4 days of each other it’s a bad form of spamming 

so back to your costs and collection …… a mobile phone does not make a good security camera ……….. but I do love the part on your website ….. shop owners can place a mobile phone on a shelf and record customers and staff to protect there business ……… IT will be stolen in a few hours in most stores 

it people want a simple camera then there best looking at the likes of ring or dlink or hive and be in control of there own system and not pay a 3rd party

On 7/2/2022 at 7:50 PM, tomcctv said:
On 7/2/2022 at 9:18 PM, tomcctv said:

Nothing paranoid……… it does not bother me at all 

All I am doing is educating members 

now you have listed twice it’s free …… no mention of monthly fee ……… and it does have a fee ……. Cost is how much data you hold THATS on your website 

now about the tokens …… no I am not mistaken 

it is also on your website and other associated with faceter

“FACETER's computer-vision surveillance technology is powered by a fog network of cryptocurrency miners.”

it’s not good having 3 people on the forum all pushing the product within 4 days of each other it’s a bad form of spamming 

so back to your costs and collection …… a mobile phone does not make a good security camera ……….. but I do love the part on your website ….. shop owners can place a mobile phone on a shelf and record customers and staff to protect there business ……… IT will be stolen in a few hours in most stores 

it people want a simple camera then there best looking at the likes of ring or dlink or hive and be in control of there own system and not pay a 3rd party

Faceter cam is an entirely different application, my friend. It has nothing in common with the Fog version (which is about mining). 

Our servers, as well as all data, are decentralized. We also have no server in Russia as we rent Amazon ones. Plus to everything our main office in Johannesburg. 

I am sorry if I was rude. Have a great day and I am ready to answer all questions. 

Domain Name: FACETER.CAM

Registry Domain ID: D99889239-CNIC
Registrant State/Province: Orenburg
Registrant Country: RU
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-04-13T23:59:59.0Z

it might be something for you to look at then 

direct from trace …. Your web name your web id Orenburg is a state in Russia 

registry country RU …. Which is short for Russian 

Am not saying this to start an argument….. it’s just no website with company address on I always check. 
it might be something YOU need to look into but as of today your domain is in Russia and has been since 2019

On 7/9/2022 at 12:22 PM, Lazarovsky Andrew said:

Our servers, as well as all data, are decentralized. We also have no server in Russia as we rent Amazon ones. Plus to everything our main office in Johannesburg. 

It was only two posts back you said you don’t collect data ?

On 7/10/2022 at 8:42 PM, tomcctv said:

Domain Name: FACETER.CAM

Registry Domain ID: D99889239-CNIC
Registrant State/Province: Orenburg
Registrant Country: RU
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-04-13T23:59:59.0Z

it might be something for you to look at then 

direct from trace …. Your web name your web id Orenburg is a state in Russia 

registry country RU …. Which is short for Russian 

Am not saying this to start an argument….. it’s just no website with company address on I always check. 
it might be something YOU need to look into but as of today your domain is in Russia and has been since 2019

It was only two posts back you said you don’t collect data ?

Video is stored on Amazon servers otherwise you won't be able to use your own archive. 

Free users have 24h hours free archive and premium one -- 7 days. 

36 minutes ago, Lazarovsky Andrew said:

Free users have 24h hours free archive and premium one -- 7 days. 

This was the start of the post 

it’s a waste of time and money 

money better spent on installing cctv and have no 3rd party involvement or cost

a old mobile / cell phone does not make a good cctv camera …… useless at night without IR 

my problem is getting old unused cell phone out of the draw sticking it to window with blue tack……. And they have to pay you for it. Which in most cases the footage is useless 

but both apple and android have motion detection apps for free 

1 hour ago, Lazarovsky Andrew said:

Video is stored on Amazon servers otherwise you won't be able to use your own archive. 

What has amazon got to do with own archive 

(own archive would be sd) on mobile

just done another check on policy 

you said in earlier post no information stored 

yet you forgot to mention credit card details are kept 

THIS INFO IS ON YOUR RUSSIAN WEBSITE the one you say you don’t have