Spiney

Attempted Hacking

Hi

I have recently been suffering from repeated attempts to hack my cctv (this is all I can put it down to as the dvr (DS-7216HUHI-K2) is recording numerous illegal login attempts when I am the only authorised user.  These attempts have been coming from Russia Las Vegas and numerous others. The thing is I have only ever given my IP address to one individual. I have a BT latest generation wireless hub and the security on that is set to the highest level with stealthed ports etc. How would anyone else even know I have a dvr?

I'd be most grateful for any thoughts 

29 minutes ago, Spiney said:

Hi

I have recently been suffering from repeated attempts to hack my cctv (this is all I can put it down to as the dvr (DS-7216HUHI-K2) is recording numerous illegal login attempts when I am the only authorised user.  These attempts have been coming from Russia Las Vegas and numerous others. The thing is I have only ever given my IP address to one individual. I have a BT latest generation wireless hub and the security on that is set to the highest level with stealthed ports etc. How would anyone else even know I have a dvr?

I'd be most grateful for any thoughts 

Hi. This has been going on for years … I stopped using hikvision recorders 15 years ago for the same problems …… looking in a customers log it had over 700 logins in one day. 
once it became known it stopped but started again in 2014 then again 2019 and it also started again January 2022

the main problem is there app and the P2P setup (hikvision auto sets up your router) which is never secure)

can’t  say much just know but 67 MPs in the uk have applied to uk high court two weeks ago to have all hikvision banned for uk use 

I would also like to see the IP address that have shown up in your log …. If you want to pm them to me. 
you are right about BT security it is good and strong but these hacks do bypass it 

how long have you had the hik and how many cameras

• Thanks 1

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your reply. I have to say I was shocked to read your comments regarding the MPs trying to ban hikvision, but I guess like most things, they are made in china so the Chinese state will have access to them one way or another. 

I use Norton internet security to create long truly random passwords but I honestly think im going to pull my connection to my router.

I only have the last 2 IP addresses available atm. I'll send them to you by pm. Thanks again for your assistance.

Hi yes your right

one iP is Russian federation setup September 2020 

second is USA but is tracked from a Amazon server created in January 2022

but it’s not unusual for hik to be on a Amazon server ….. if your uk based it should be Ireland Amazon server 

you will still have a problem if you take your system off the internet …… yes it will still record and you can burn off footage but the police in the uk will not playback on there own system (unwanted software also placed on memory stick)

which remote app are you using

Hi Tom,

I was using hikconnect. As it happens, I did on e, not long after I got this DVR have cause to submit something to the police which I burned onto a dvd for them and was used in a conviction