Sign in to follow this  
germolsystem

New Guy, refurbish Samsung Techwin SPD-3750

Hello everyone! I am new on this forum. 

I searched among the topics, but I couldn't find a suitable one. I am asking for help in refurbishing an old cctv ptz camera.
I have some old working Samsung Techwin SPD-3750 domes.
I would like to refurbish the analog ccd with an IP block camera replacement.
Do you know of a compatible transparent hemispherical cover?
Does anyone know which topic to post this problem in?

THX!

5 hours ago, germolsystem said:

Hello everyone! I am new on this forum. 

I searched among the topics, but I couldn't find a suitable one. I am asking for help in refurbishing an old cctv ptz camera.
I have some old working Samsung Techwin SPD-3750 domes.
I would like to refurbish the analog ccd with an IP block camera replacement.
Do you know of a compatible transparent hemispherical cover?
Does anyone know which topic to post this problem in?

THX!

Hi. It is not a simple as you think infact it’s pointless… you would be better off selling your working ptzs and putting the money towards new iP ptz which is a cheaper option anyway

reasons why

analog ptz go into startup mode on first power….. head spins for pan and tilt central point then zoom (focus check) this is all done on heads management then allows ptz to operate …. Changing camera head from analog to iP you will loose the zoom central point as the ptz head management can’t read data … analog is done by sensors

next problem

power difference…. Samsung is 24v so you will need to go Poe on camera head and another supply for old ptz control ….. and this gives you another problem  analog ptz controller will not control zoom on iP camera

so a analog ptz controller needs to be used to pan and tilt and a network controller or nvr for zoom control … this also gives you the other problem …. You can’t have control at all if using a app for nvr to control ptz 

as far as replacement domes for camera to fit you will see 10 years ago in forum search it is not that easy and expensive…. We used to make them years ago

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. It is not a simple as you think infact it’s pointless… you would be better off selling your working ptzs and putting the money towards new iP ptz which is a cheaper option anyway

reasons why

analog ptz go into startup mode on first power….. head spins for pan and tilt central point then zoom (focus check) this is all done on heads management then allows ptz to operate …. Changing camera head from analog to iP you will loose the zoom central point as the ptz head management can’t read data … analog is done by sensors

next problem

power difference…. Samsung is 24v so you will need to go Poe on camera head and another supply for old ptz control ….. and this gives you another problem  analog ptz controller will not control zoom on iP camera

so a analog ptz controller needs to be used to pan and tilt and a network controller or nvr for zoom control … this also gives you the other problem …. You can’t have control at all if using a app for nvr to control ptz 

as far as replacement domes for camera to fit you will see 10 years ago in forum search it is not that easy and expensive…. We used to make them years ago

Thank you for your reply. 👍
I was afraid that my guess would be confirmed.
I only had to disassemble the camera to see that it is not as simple as it seems.
I was hoping that the internet would provide guidance on the solution.
I didn't know that the ptz control is so dependent on the ccd circuit.
You know how robust and precise this structure is. That's why I'm sorry to sell.