rory

This is funny!

I was thinking about using them for the hogh end stuff. Though they ere good, but never tried one myself. The 8 channel and the 16 channel has the same algorith and everything so no difference there. Have they ever crashed on you? Di you still get a good remote viewing experiance if the recording quality is set to max?

The first unit was purchased about a year ago and I have never had any problems whatsoever. If I can get the unit a little cheaper i would definately keep purchasing them. I still have 3 stores to install + my home. As far as remote view at max recording I believe it is still good, but not certain. The only thing i have to compare against is the Everfocus.

Kevin what size hard drive did you get for that price?

Im trying to see what the equivelant would be in the GE Kalatel DVR.

Fred, I have the 16 Channel AvTech right here, its also a demo on my site. Nice unit, for the price, and doesnt crash. Well worth it over any of the $1000 "more expensive" low end DVRs.

Rory

Darn, thats cheap, with the hard drives

You could buy the GE Kalatel around the same price, 40Gb then add your own unpartitioned unformated hard drives, keeping the original one for warranty purposes. Otherwise they charge much more for higher hard disk space.

You could buy the GE Kalatel around the same price, 40Gb then add your own unpartitioned unformated hard drives, keeping the original one for warranty purposes. Otherwise they charge much more for higher hard disk space.

Actually, The units were purchased from A1 Web Cams in Calif. www.a1webcams.com . Of course they claim to be the manufacture of the unit. They are nice people though. I thought the price was kind of high, I guess I was wrong.

Actually, The units were purchased from A1 Web Cams in Calif. www.a1webcams.com . Of course they claim to be the manufacture of the unit. They are nice people though. I thought the price was kind of high, I guess I was wrong.

Cant say if the price is high or not as I havet tried that DVR yet, but the specs look good, better than the $1000 Everfocus, HiSharps, and Provideos, etc. On paper at least. The Hunt DVR (same one) uses the same soft as the Samsung Techwin unit.

I think Hunt DVR could well compete with the GE dvr's atleast on the local recording quality. I was mainly going to use them when remote viewing is not an issue. Like the fact that it has a spot monitor output, that can be triggered by motion, so the camera that is triggered would plop up on the 2:nd monitor. Nice also that they come with a remote, and that you can control up to 99 DVR's (I think) from 1 remote. Alot of high end DVR's do not have that. Doing a 250 Unit condo building in LA. 2 16 channel dvr, sticking them in the equipment rack under the desk and using a xantech IR extender to control the DVR's. Nicer then a bulky controller anyway + you get all the functions from the remote.

Still like the VPOn for remote viewing. Just works,but the recorging quality of the Hunt one is probably better.

Even Provideo can compete on the local recording side, for quality. But not for stability or features.

You really have to use a Kalatel DVR to appreciate the differences, which are pretty major.

IR Remote is nice though.

Even Provideo can compete on the local recording side, for quality. But not for stability or features.

You really have to use a Kalatel DVR to appreciate the differences, which are pretty major.

IR Remote is nice though.

I am still regretting putting in that pro video DVR. I am actually thinking about going back and replacing it with a VPON dvr. I am convinced that that is the worst DVR ever made. What a piece of work. The Hunt DVR is way better then the Speco one.

Speco, HiSharp, and Everfocus - 3 DVRs i wouldnt touch again...

main reason being, they arent worth what they sell them for ...

Ok so checked out WebGate Inc,

seems Bosch is using them for their Divar Series, almost the same exact Network Software, specs are same as the 60fps Webgate DVR.

They also list Honeywell but I couldnt find any DVRs on Honeywells Site, and nothing on Ademco Video ..

And, the one I was looking at before, Samsung Techwin, is also using their DVRs, they are using the 240fps unit.

So, it turns out, not a bad DVR after all, especially if all those big names are using it.

Will see what kind of price is on their 120 and 240fps DVR.

By the way, they do Multi-Site over the internet also.

Rory