Arockerdude

Is this a good camera and scanner?

Is this a good camera for day and night? Its a Pelco camera CC3701h-2

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/securitysupplies-store/3701.pdf

I have a chance at two of them for $100 each new.

And a Pelco Scanner with mount, encloseure and 13ZD6X10P 6-60mm power lens. The guy wants $220 for this set up. And $65 for shipping.

http://fototime.com/4F68E880C697AAC/standard.jpg

What do you think. I plan to use the Pelco cc3701h-2 with the Pelco scanner and 13ZD6X10P 6-60mm pwer zoom lens. Question is will that power lens work with that camera. Seems to me the specs say it will. And will this camera be a good day night camera. I need it to work good at night. My other question is will I be able to purchase and hook a control box up fairly easy? Seems like it will all work to me what do you all think.

Here is the info on the scanner, enclosure and lens.

Pelco EH8106 Enclosure, camera, 10x lens, pan/tilt, NR! Pressurized Enclosure with heavy duty pan/tilt mechnism,13ZD6X10P 6-60mm motorized 10x lens with color Camera Pelco CC4600-2 Color Camera. Used unit, camera and lens are in great condition and have been in nitrogen charged, heated enclosure...the pan/tilt works great on these...these are very heavy duty and include large mounting arm and brackets as shown.

The camera that comes with this deal is a pelco CC4600-2 Color Camera.

The specs are at this link.

http://www.automatedsecurity.net/images/FixedColor.pdf#search=%22pelco%20cc4600-2%22

It doe's not seem from reading the specs that it would be a good night camera. That is why I was going to use the Pelco CC3701h-2 Thanks for your help. One more question. Will I be able to zoom in and out with that lens from inside my house with the proper controller. And will it focus on it's own or will the camera auto focus. I dont want to be messing around with focusing all the time. Thanks very much for your time and help. Dave

I have not used that pelco camera but it looks as if its a color only camera, meaning unless there is plenty of light (.4 lux) the camera won't see very well in the evening, especially when you start zooming out with a lens.

Motorised zoom lenses like that dont usually have auto-focus, they will have motorised focus though, so you can focus from the controller instead of at the lens. Auto focus is pretty rare on cctv box cameras (do good domes autofocus?).

As for controllers, if its pelco equipment you should be able to get a controller, as pelco is a industry standard protocol for controlling cctv stuff, and they will give the protocol to anyone that asks nicely for it, so its not a secret, meaning there are plenty of people making compatible kit. Be aware it may cost a fair bit for the controller equipment, unless you get some second hand stuff, or get a cheaper third party unit and have it wired up properly.