Sign in to follow this  
Warwickuk

PTZ Dome Camera Install

We have a PTZ Dome Camera on the corner of one of our buildings, It has been up for a couple of years but has stopped displaying video on the display in our control room. the wiring all seems ok if a little bit of a mess, But have read up and think it might be something too do with power?? If anyone can see anything obvious from the pics attached then that would be great.

IMG_2467-min.jpg

Hi that is an old VCL dome and is not quite wired as it should be 

but it looks like in your picture of the head wiring you have a broken brown wire infact in a few places as well as the blue/white  these areas need looking at first 

your board is also protected via a fuse which may have blown as a result of the cables mentioned……. Fuse is in the black fuse carrier next to power plugin lead on circuit board

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi that is an old VCL dome and is not quite wired as it should be 

but it looks like in your picture of the head wiring you have a broken brown wire infact in a few places as well as the blue/white  these areas need looking at first 

your board is also protected via a fuse which may have blown as a result of the cables mentioned……. Fuse is in the black fuse carrier next to power plugin lead on circuit board

Are you able to tell me how it should be wired?  I will have a look at the fuse, would this limit power or cut it completely if broken?

Out of curiosity, I don't suppose you know how to access the OSD on this sort of dome camera??

Hi if fuse blown …. Yes it will kill everything till fuse is replaced it is also worth looking at the 240v income to control box see if the is dyed or mcb/rcd

they are strong ptz cameras I have not had any failures 

to get into ptz menu it is a 99 command from keyboard or dvr

we’re are you based 

15 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi if fuse blown …. Yes it will kill everything till fuse is replaced it is also worth looking at the 240v income to control box see if the is dyed or mcb/rcd

they are strong ptz cameras I have not had any failures 

to get into ptz menu it is a 99 command from keyboard or dvr

we’re are you based 

based in Warwick UK. 

There is definitely power going to the the bbv control box, I think the camera also has power, but there is no video, also what is the protocol likely to be?

Hi even with wrong protocol you would still have video but it’s 9600

does the ptz move on command?

video lose could also be a bad bnc connection or it could be something as simple as iris settings which will give a white or black screen 

51 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi even with wrong protocol you would still have video but it’s 9600

does the ptz move on command?

video lose could also be a bad bnc connection or it could be something as simple as iris settings which will give a white or black screen 

forgive my ignorance, BNC connection?? is the protocol likely to be pelcod? baudrate 9600?

1 hour ago, Warwickuk said:

BNC connection??

Hi yes the twist plug on camera head (coax )

protocol is my term for both

pelco D

01 address

0 as your resistor end line (shows in your picture …….. if you only have 1 ptz resistor can go