hgiljr

GENIV DVR Continuous beeping

Good morning.  I have a GENIV G4-ETRIDR-16 DVR, about 8 years old.  It has been working just fine until late last night when it started beeping.  Being that it was late, I went ahead and unplugged it from the wall outlet. This morning, I reconnected it and it continues to beep.  It will not boot up, just multiple short beeps with no real pattern to the beeps.  Sometimes I get 10 short beeps and then one long beep, other times several short beeps with a long beep.  I did some troubleshooting by disconnecting the drive, turning off the camera main power but still does not boot up.  Does this mean the DVR is dead or is there any other troubleshooting steps to take to see if I can revive it?  Any further guidance greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Hi if it’s been working for that amount of time you might also have a problem with cooling fans ….. have you checked if there spinning on startup

other beeping problems can also be faulty hard drive … have you tried another 

are you using remote viewing or remote software …… I think your system is the dahua unit at least 12 years old 

DMSS for cell or PSS for pc means a dahua system 

It is a Dahua system.  The internal fan on the motherboard is not spinning.  As soon as it turns on, you can see it try to move but it doesn't.  I also disconnected it from the motherboard earlier today and tried to turn it on, but same beeping sound.  I will try another hard drive and see the results.  Any way to jump/bypass the fans to determine if that is the issue?

Somehow it started up.  It's giving me a hard drive not detected error.  So I tested with two different hard drives and still not detected.  I went into the hard drive menu to see if it was detected so I can format it, and nothing shows up.  Am I missing a step here for it to be detected? 

Hi then as expected you have a fan problem which is common with that type of dahua

unplugging the fan is not going to help as it has a monitoring check on startup and run 

fan not turning = fault

fan drawing to much amps= fault

some dahua units have led lights on main board …. All 4 on good (green) any red will not stay running

hard drive is grayed out as it can’t read it but just formatting is not going to help just use a hard drive that has not been in the recorder

also another thing to check is the DVRs power supply check it’s 12v and 2amp output 

By chance, if the fan is not detected, will it disable to not find the hard drive?  

I actually did use another hard drive never used in the DVR and it was still not detected.   Also the original drive works just fine as I tested it in two computers and it came up just fine.  I looked at main board, two lights.  One green and one red.

2 hours ago, hgiljr said:

By chance, if the fan is not detected, will it disable to not find the hard drive?  

The recorder will keep stop starting or only run short time 

is your fan on the side or over the cpu

I have two fans. One on the side and one on the board. The one on the side has not worked for years. And I just detected the one now on the board not working. 

I can say it has booted up and it’s running without fans and without a hard drive. I just turned off to alert me about no hard drive detected until I can figure out what’s going on. Hasn’t shut down in 4 hrs. 

So the issue was the power supply. I had a spare from an older DVR and it was same model. I swapped it out and now hard drives are detected. Still need the mother board fan. Attaching picture of fan. Any idea where I can get this fan?

thank you for all your help. 

IMG_2244.jpg