jisaac

anyone seen this camera?

Nice. The picture looks good, POE is nice and auto tracking is a nice feature (if it works better than Bosch's).

Unfortunately it can't pan 360 continuosly and the zoom is limited to 22x. The Sony SNC-RX550N can pan 360, has 26x optical and are flex voltage. Rumor has it the next Sony Ipela's will have 36x optical zoom. Yummy.

if you ip ptz's continously rotating 360 degrees. then i need your bandwith capabilities on every site.

Wireless Eye setup their own Wireless Long Range Network I think .. so no ISP bandwidth issues ..

Wireless Eye setup their own Wireless Long Range Network I think .. so no ISP bandwidth issues ..

True we don't have bandwidth restrictions on our Wireless Network. At the same time however, when I said 360 continuous pan, I mean that there aren't "pan stops" in the Sony. It is a deal breaker for us if it has pan stops because if we are tracking someone or something and we hit a pan stop, we have to swing the camera back the other way to resume tracking. Since the Sony has a slip ring, there aren't any movement restrictions. The Pano I think can only pan 350 degrees and then it hits a pan stop.

Just received our demo unit from Panasonic today. It will be on our demo page in a few days. Looks like a good camera. Uses the Panasonic SDIII technology. Has a pretty good tracking feature, POE, Audio in & out, duel codec. Loads of features. Looks like its is going to be a contender in the market.

ya I got my demo unit yesterday and I think its an excellent camera. Especially for the cost of the camera. Not a bad deal. Excellent repsonse when given commands. Gotta love the auto tracking. I have to say that for the price that is an excellent deal. I cant wait until panasonic rolls out all their new cams. The vandal proof domes with auto back focus and sdIII will be great. Plus the newest outdoor ptz has the sdIIII!

My panasonici rep said that they mostly will be ready first of december.

Did I read correct .. SD4?

If you put the PTZ online or capture a demo video from it tracking let us see it pleaassse ...

what I will do is set it up for remote viewing and let you just log into it live and see how it works.

i have got several installations that we did with video from the ptz's with auto traciking but they wont let me show anyone them.

suckers.

But we are doing an install in about a week for the local transit company that has a trollley that goes over the river bridge between little rock and north little rock. Well the crack heads have been stealing copper from the ground that connects the trolley track to the whole circuit that gives power to the trolley.

Well we are putting 4 of the panasonic sdIII ptz's out on the bridges light poles and they will be all auto tracking anyone going over the trolley tracks. And they said we could use this video for demo purposes and so I will be sure to put some video of these cameras working in sequence of each other completely following the trolley and the crack heads.