corviarbob

can't get video on my phone question

i have the galaxy a51 phone and i can see my cameras using tinycam pro when at home and using wifi but if i turn wifi off or i'm some place that i do not have wifi it seems i can't see my cameras.  i put tinycam free on the wifes phone and her phone seems to allow the cameras when wifi is turned off.

i even turned wifi off at home and i still can't get the cameras to show using metro pcs network t-mobile is the same network.  so i'm wondering if i have something set wrong on my phone. i run ver.13 and i did compare network settings from my phone to the wifes phone.  i do get a free number on my phone thru the wifes account but it seems that should not make a difference as we both get unlimited data and texts.

i also have developer mode turned on but my phone is not rooted. so maybe i have a switch turned on or need to turn one on.  anyone have any idea what might be going on? thanks

Some phones it works some don’t and that to do with the app …. It’s not been updated for years 

why do you use tinycam ? It’s a 3rd party China server app ….. do you use a dvr or nvr 

the tiny cam app was the best one at the time. do you have another app that will let me view my cameras like tinycam does? i have tried tons of apps and tinycam was the best and easiest one to ust at the time.   if i leave the app running with wifi turned off it will show the cameras 1 or 2 at a time and only for a few seconds. kind of like when i had them all using just wifi. now theya re all wired and on a wired network. when i'm home they all show on the phone perfect, but when i'm gone and not using wifi they just do not want to show very well at all.

but if you have a better app and one that is free to try please let me know. thanks