rory

GV-1120-16

Got one today ... anyone ever connected the audio card that comes with it?

The 1120 card has 8 slots grouped in twos .. 4 audio slots, though it doesnt really say the top or the bottom one, i gathered the top slot, but then what is the lower slot for ..? Additional Audio Card?

Also, have to press down on the card pretty hard for them to slot in, can hear the card bend a little bit as holding both ends of the card and slots are 1/4 way in to the center .. cant just hold the back as thats where the circuits are

Guess if the audio works then its good.

have not installed audio yet on the 1480, thought I would get the video figured first. But the 1480 has 8 audio sockets, but only four audio plugs to plug in...

The manual does not help (heck the card shown in the manual looks totally different!) so I guess I will end up emailing geo to find out what they are for. Maybe they are audio loop outs, or audio out even...... Could be they are amplified / unamplifed input pairs, who knows.

same thing here.. the combo's are all the same basically ..

the manual doesnt say about that extra slot though ..

we have the newer card

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/product/Product_Image/ComboCard_DTypeII.jpg

anyway it does have arrows pointing to the top ones .. so I guess the extra one for each channel must be some add on or just not used ... im not even using the audip for this one but thought Id add it anyway . .. will test it out and let you know if each channel works ..

You need to use the top 2 slots and the bottom 2 slots for audio. If you look next to the top and bottom slots there is a JA1, JA2 etc to corrispond with the the the cables in order so audio 1 can be with camera 1. I was told the other slots (center ones) are for audio out if I remember correctly. Never needed them!