iank10

HOW DO I STOP DOME FROM MOVING

can anyone please tell me how i can stop my new dome from going to preset position. with out pulling the plug LOL.

i have a dedicated micros /kbs2 controler going though a bbv to my vlc 360 vision dome.

thank you for any reply

Describe the problem better, do you mean on power up you want it to go to a different preset? Do you mean that if unattended it goes to an undesirable preset?

yes mate, i have bought this dome camera put it on the side of my house connected to dedicated micros /kbs2 controler going though a bbv.

and switched it on and it keep moving round stoping zooming in or by its self.

how do i stop it so i can move it manually with my joystick on the controler.

thank you for the reply

Does it does this continuously? Or did it just start moving around so you then switched it off?

Its normal for most domes to spin/tilt/zoom when power is first applied, during the self test. If its doing it continuously then thats a different matter.

Are there any programmed patrols set on the controller? If there are try erasing them. Does the dome do the same thing if its not connected to the controller? What bbv is it going through?

hi, the camera as been on now for 2 days and it moves around stops starts zooms in out in the same position every cycle, i dont have any manuals.

how do i erase programmed patrols. i tryed pressing presets and it ask for a number 1-16

i press cam 1 for my dome and nothing happens.

if i hold the preset but it it just say saved preset?

the bbv all it says on the motherboard is bbv

help please

The bbv should automatically return control to the operator if they move the joystick (or press the movement arrows on a non-joystick keyboard) whilst that cam is selected.

BBV manuals are available at http://www.bbvcctv.com/products.htm

and dedicated micros manuals can be found on the net fairly easy (try dedicated micros own site, or norbain who have lots of manuals).

Do you ever have any manual control of the dome, if not maybe something is not set up right, or is faulty..

The bbv should automatically return control to the operator if they move the joystick (or press the movement arrows on a non-joystick keyboard) whilst that cam is selected.

BBV manuals are available at http://www.bbvcctv.com/products.htm

and dedicated micros manuals can be found on the net fairly easy (try dedicated micros own site, or norbain who have lots of manuals).

Do you ever have any manual control of the dome, if not maybe something is not set up right, or is faulty..

a freind of a friend said it sounds like the dome camera as been set up with presets and what i nead to do is with the controler try to get into the cameras menu to reset the presets to default. but it would be hard as your controller is a dedicated micros and they dont give this information away.

i have searched the dedicated micros web site and or i can see is pdf document showing the spec of the controller.

can some one tell me if this is true. i have tryed to contact the person who sold me the controller but he want answer his phone, it looks like i have been ripped off

thnx

YEs it sounds like it has been setup with a patrol or preset. In the manuals you should find how to modify or delete them.

YEs it sounds like it has been setup with a patrol or preset. In the manuals you should find how to modify or delete them.

yes it says press the comand button, it doesnt work but i have found out its because i'm using coax not twisted pair. can u tell me how to wire up twisted pair. from my vcl to my controller.

please

You need twisted pair to control the device, what you are seeing is the last settings that the PTZ had...IE its last presets that make up what is known as a tour, you need to find out how to default the PTZ so that the presets are gone or find a manual to edit them onscreen, each PTZ is not the same with wiring, but usually you run three wires tx- tx+ and Ground, you need to terminate(on most PTZ's) the last PTZ in the group and each PTZ will haeva number that it owns, by dip switches so that the controller knows which one it is talking to, for instance if that PTZ you bought was set to cam 5 then trying to control cam 1 will not work....your first step would be to attach at least two wires to the controller on TX- Out and TX+ Out, then use a multi meter and move the joystick to see if the voltage changes (very minute change) the voltage chage is what drives the camera motors either l,r,up,down, zoom etc, so make sure the keyboard talks first..you can buy a 485 testing kit that will measure it for you!

can anyone please tell me how i can stop my new dome from going to preset position. with out pulling the plug LOL.

i have a dedicated micros /kbs2 controler going though a bbv to my vlc 360 vision dome.

answer

im hoping you have telmetry of your dome.

firstly to delete a preset double tap the preset key & enter the number of the preset you want to delete. its like that on the kbs3 & im sure its like that on the kbs2.

i think the reason your dome keeps going on a tour tho is because of the jumpers on you bbv rx100. what you need to do is on (i think) J6 remove the jumpers. or basically leave the test jumper on in the middle & remove all the others. now it wont go on a tour. hope this helps.

i know its late but ive only just joined. if you have any new questions on bbv or dennard then fire away. i will try to be quick on my response. i know everything to do with dennard & bbv. so if i can help im happy.