AndresMiami

SpeedDome Ultra VII - No video

Hi everyone,

I've just registered but I've been using the forum for a while now.

Time has come to ask for help!!

I'm trying to add a Ultra VII to my Geovision system, but I'm having a little trouble. I've succesfully connected the camera to the GV-NET card; the amber light on the camera base blinks when I send a command, but the dome doesn't move at all.

Even more serious (I think) is the fact that I don't get any video from the camera. When I say "no video" I mean no signal at all. I think it's more serious because from what I've read I should have video even if the camera is not accepting commands. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. I have tried a separate monitor and a different cable with the same result.

I poste here instead of in the Geovision forum because I think my problem lies with the camera and not the Geovision system, but I could be WAY off!

Thank you for your replies

Andres

Do you have a monitor you can connect directly to the camera?

You should bench test this stuff first that way you know you have the correct power at the cam and can rule out any possible wiring issues.

Yes, I have a separate monitor that I have tried already. I don't get a signal. I have tested the dome with only 3 feet of cable to the power supply and a separate monitor hooked up.

Do you know if I should be getting video, even though I can't communicate with the camera?

thanks,

Andres

I read about someone who had a problem with a "locked" iris. Anyone else ever had a similar problem? I really don't feel like taking the thing apart, but I will if I have to.

Andres

Sounds like a Power problem to me......

As soon as you connect power the Dome goes into a start up run... that is the Dome moves back and forward and rotates. You get a picture as soon as power is applied to the Dome.

On the DOME I/O Base board there are two LED's.... The Green LED glows steadily to show there is 24v AC power. The Red LED shows data being received/transmitted

If the Dome is in an AD External Housing then you WILL need a 4amp supply as the Heater/Fan draws a lot of power on startup.

Good Luck !

AL

Sorry for the delay... the problem with the camera not giving any video turned out a loose component (capacitor?) on the base. I just got a replacement dome from American Dynamics and I DO get video now.

Now my least serious problem: I can't get the dome to do anything ... the base red led blinks when I send a command, but the dome does not respond. I have a on-screen message that says something like "detecting network type".

Which brings me to the question, how do I get into the configuration utility (I don't know if that would help, but I certainly want to look around) from a a Geovision system?? I can't press the combination of keys that the manual says because my "keys" are pressed via mouse.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated!!

Again, sorry for the delay on responding, but I kind of zoned out of the whole situation once I sent the unit back for replacement.

Andres

my Speeddome Ultra 5 has that same prob man. It boots up and does the moving self test... but keeps showing "network type". I can't get it to respond. I'm gonna bring it to work and try an rs422 connection soon.

I changed jobs, back in loss prevention now. Using, and installing the toys.