RichTJ99

Problem with Webcam / Internet Explorer 7.0 & Windows Vi

Hi,

I did a fresh install of a vista beta and I am having an issue with the webcam. It works fine on my Winxp/IE 6 but when I try to install the active x component in IE 7 / Vista, the active x never seems to load.

Multiview also does not work from the web cam page.

I am using Geovision 7.02 on a GV-900 card if that matters.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

RIch

not sure what beta version you are using but I had the same problem, i suppose it has something to do with "beta"

the real one will be out soon, ie 7.0 isn't perfect yet either

no vista issue with the webcam, at least i've experienced the same issue you are having with a beta version, i was just saying ie 7 also has some bugs in it atm

using a beta OS .. dont expect it to work great

Plus arent they improving security in Vista .. maybe thats the issue .. as it cant talk to the kermel or something . .. maybe only certain things work .. like if the ActiveX is made by Microsoft ...

Also, IE7 isnt a tested IE browser for webcam.

I have IE7 latest official release and have a similar problem on remote viewing. Here's the deal..

On systems which already have codecs downloaded and installed - all displays fine. On a NEW IE7 install and first time access remotely - it will not d/l the codecs properly. IE6 systems d/l codecs and install fine.

I have tried recently accessing my remote geo thru IE7 and it works. try to check in the internet options over security and click custom level and try to check if the activex are all enabled to download and run....

the main reason that your active x will not load is you do not have your active x settings enabled.

go to:

tools

internet options

security

highlight internet

custom level

click apply

there should be about 7 active x settings to enable

the main reason that your active x will not load is you do not have your active x settings enabled.

go to:

tools

internet options

security

highlight internet

custom level

click apply

there should be about 7 active x settings to enable

That should work too, but I prefer to add DVR's IP address or DNS name to the Trusted zones in Internet Explorer. It's even recommended for security reasons if you're also using DVR PC as a typical workstation.

This still seems to be an issue with me. I added my servers IP to the trusted zone, I also reset all my security settings to enable (completely unsecure).

When I try to start the login (pressing the webcam play button). I get an error message saying:

ActiveX Downloading Please Refresh, of course, once i refresh, i get the same error message.

Any thoughts?

clear out the active x and ocx controls and reload them?

How do I do that?

As I mentioned, I went into the internet tools / security tab & changed everything to enable.

to clear active x settings:

go to tools in internet explorer

go to internet options

go to temporey internet files:settings

go to view objects

clear all active x settings or delete everything in this folder.

Thanks, that worked like a charm!!

As a next question (getting the image viewer to work), I think I have a java error. Is it safe to install Java on a Vista PC? I would assume that would fix things.