CSG

Geovision window position on desktop (Geo 1480)

I'm using a Samsung digital monitor DVI (26" widescreen), and the main Geovision window is stuck on the upper left handle side of the desktop. I can minimize it to the taskbar, but I can't get to the title bar because it's off the screen.

I tried different resolutions but it's always in the same spot.

Any suggestions?

If you can write a VB exe .. you can move the window through the software .. i think .. I had it on my 1400x screen also .. it stays in the left .. there is no title bar though, i think.

Geo is nice, but has a long way to go on the software front, from issues like that, to many list boxes/grids that are not sortable by clicking the titles etc. All little issues that would take a programmer no time at all to fix.....

Good point rory about the vb thing, I did that a few year ago (back in vb 3 days) to hook into some software to do some custom stuff, so should it should be possible to hook into geo's windows, but its been a long time since I did vb, forgot most of it

Im tempted to get the sdk, its reasonably priced (but still expensive for me!), although should be free really, at least to demo..... Will have to get back to geo to find out more about whats in it, as im not to sure....

Don't write VB, (even forgot most of my C/C+ at at this point) so I guess I'll wait till the new software release is out, I have 8.0 now.

Still working the kinks out of this thing, finally got rid of the annoying XP login prompt at bootup, which will allow the auto reboot feature to work. I used the Microsoft Tweak tool, which is a free download that allows tweaking of the OS.

actually you dont even need Tweakui .. you can manually set that in the registry ... under Local Machine, Software, Microsoft, Windows NT, Current Version, WinLogin ... look for DefaultUsername. Make that your user name. then AutoAdminLogonm change to 1.