313-313

DR4N/DR8N relability

Has anyone used CBC's DR4N dvrs. They are cheaper than NUVICO's and built by reputed company. I guess I will give this DR4N a try for my next order. Please post about your experiences with DR4N or DR8N..

It's a stable and reliable system with good compression, performance and features.

Only down side are the IE based viewer and client application, which are both limited and quite poorly designed.

Only down side are the IE based viewer and client application, which are both limited and quite poorly designed.

I see the remote GUI on IE is quite good & the timeline playback on remote is excellent for a stand alone so could you please elaborate a bit on your opinion above? It could be we are using different versions of OEM as it's actually from Korea.

msecure. do you have a demo link that you could PM me please. Over couple weeks I have installed 6 Nuvico DVRs and was looking for a alternative in CBC's DRN series Dvrs

What about the Nuvico J series, from demoing their Network software it looks great .. though dont know about the local side as Ive never physically used one.

Remote-1.jpg

If this is the GUI you're talking about then the ugly IE GUI is a replication of the client, while some buttons are non-functional.

As far as I can remember (tested it more than a year ago), some of the limitations are:

- Client's resolution is fixed to 800X600

- No frame-by-frame playback or no reverse playback

Nevertheless, the system is stable and reliable, compression/image quality ratio is good, VGA quality is good and system UI is convinient.

So unless you are sensitive to graphical design, I would wormly recommend this unit.

Actually this is the best selling 4ch MPEG4 based Korean standalone dvr.

Rory, I have just one J series install. Remote software is alright to me. Some times the software seems to hang up in playback mode. PM me rory and I will send you a link. But it is much good compared to all the cheep stuff that you find on the internet just for $520(4 channel).

Mine is different from yours, Loop! 2nd Generation & is not compatible to the 1st generation DVR but I don't know if there's a firmware upgrade for the old one. I tried using the old 1 on mine but it doesn't work. If you have a demo link of the old 1 please PM me. The casing is also different, it comes with a jog dial now for fast forward & frame by frame but still not available on the remote view. Have tried up to 1280x1024 on remote view without any problem. IE is same as old 1 though.

For 313-313, will PM you the link when I set up the demo in a couple of days.

Rory, I have just one J series install. Remote software is alright to me. Some times the software seems to hang up in playback mode. PM me rory and I will send you a link. But it is much good compared to all the cheep stuff that you find on the internet just for $520(4 channel).

I actually downloaded their software and used the 2 demo IPs they have .. worked great ... even played back and viewed the 2 demo sites in one multi view .. i mean for the price of a budget DVR, it has really impressive remote software.