toughman

What camera you used for very strong backlight?

here is a new one from GE, havent used it yet but the specs are impressive:

[link removed by rory, reason dead link]

Check the data sheet, it claimes 250 times better dynamic range than a average ccd camera, where the panasoni claims 64 times.

However the panasonic is also a day night so it switches to high res BW at night, which is nice, just the camera looks really ugly

ignore price, thats local bahamian pricing.

Rory

Edited by Guest

The Ganz, wide dynamic camera is excellent, so is the Sunkwang Day Night camera with this feature (a lot less expensive), what you should look for is a camera with a wide dynamic range and preferably one with onscreen display, with this and programable backlight compensation zones. You can choose to set the area that you wish to use with wide dynamic and it will only affect this area, the reason for doing this is (cant really tell from the photo example) but if you had left it in this mode for the whole area and were looking through a doorway and the subject walks in but accross the street in your filed of view was a white wall then that wall will go far too white, so programing the area really helps.

yeah that is a cool feature, seems all the above mentioned have the onscreen set up, Ill have to get hold of one of those one of these days to play with

See www.pixim.com for info on the Wide Dynamic technology contained in the GE Ultraview KTC-XP1, Pelco CCC-5100H, JVC TK-WD310U, Baxall Hyper-D, and EverFocus EQ-600 WDII cameras.

thanks.

I noticed the wide dynamic range in the baxall and the GE was the same, havent checked the others you mentioned. The other brands not mentioned have a much lower wide dynamic range, which makes sense if the Pixem is in all of the mentioned like you said.

Rory

The Pixim site only lists JVC, Baxall, and Pelco, where do you see GE and Everfocus?

Its a pity all cameras cant have this type of technology though at this point in time, including the fixed micro lens cameras.

I work at Pixim by the way. GE is not listed on our site because of a marketing agreement with them. They call the technology Xposure, but it is based on the Pixim Digital Pixel System technology.

Mintron makes great cameras. The W1 has 280:1 wide dynamic range.

Also love the fact that all there cameras has:

S/N Ratio?52dB ( MIN ) / 60dB ( TYP )  (AGC OFF)

http://mintron.com/HTM/Default_A.htm

Alot clearer than your regular s/n 48db noise camera. We have put in over a hundred of the Mintrons, and they look great.

Between $95 to $200 dealer price.

Their wide dynamic range is very low, 48db, compared to the others mentioned that are 90-120db.

Darn, those have to be the ugliest cameras I have ever seen, looks like they are made out of oakwood or varnish finish!

Has anyone had the chance to put all the PIXIM cameras in test??

I've seen the GE XP1, and it's amazing.

Never saw such a quality on backlight compensation?

Any more info on test results of Baxall, JVC, Pelco??

hi

after looking on many specs and searching on google

i think mintron 62w1 and 63w1 at the moment is best for the money ~$350

0.007lux, ~500 line resolution ,280:1 dynamic range low smear, 48 zones

http://www.mintron.com/

http://www.mintron.com/HTM/New_PRODUCTS/ALPHA/HTM%20page/W_FAMILY.htm

pixim / 5100 pelco is nice technology , i did not see any lux rating

and slow shutter exposure option for low light or price

so 2nd or 3rd generation will be a winner if it scales up to hi reslolution

and some cost control

dusan

my clients would shoot me if I put such an ugly looking camera in their business!!