phil_gt

can ir cameras point out windows

ah ok so it wont work at night basically? is there any way to avoid this before i start drilling holes to feed cables outside?

what are these white rings i thought ir was invisible or have i bought a camera whihc shines white?????

Leaving the technology out, the human eye can’t use ir light to see but the camera can. Therefore, the ir light reflects off the glass back into the lens washing out the picture.

No matter if you use IR or not you should expect images to be distorted to some degree, because you will probably get a little bit of 'fish eye effect' where the sides of the image arches slightly and you also risk getting a 'ghost image' by the room behind the camera being mirrored in the window.

okie dokies then

well this is the cctv i've bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120061154747&rd=1&rd=1

thinkin of mounting it on the outside wall now and feed wired through a drilled hole which could i guess be filled with silicon or expanding foam to keep out water...

is it true these cameras go black and white coz if so i've been mislead a bit as it states colour ir cctv:(

okie dokies then

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120061154747&rd=1&rd=1

thinkin of mounting it on the outside wall now and feed wired through a drilled hole which could i guess be filled with silicon or expanding foam to keep out water...

is it true these cameras go black and white coz if so i've been mislead a bit as it states colour ir cctv:(

Looks like one of those that is color during the day and BW at night, with IR ligthing. I'm no expert, but I have never seen a color IR image. It's always B&W.

I would mount it outdoors, not pointing through a window.

okie dokie then hope it hurrys up and comes coz my eye toy webcam is ****

the car was egged last night and the only thing i can make out other than the car is a shadow running past into next doors gate and then comes back to edge of my fence then runs off down the street

okie dokies then

Looks like one of those that is color during the day and BW at night, with IR ligthing. I'm no expert, but I have never seen a color IR image. It's always B&W.

I would mount it outdoors, not pointing through a window.

they arent True Day Night cameras, so they are not as sensitive to IR, nor without IR are they as sensitive in low light. They are color cameras typically (with high lux levels in most cases - not good for low light color) and they remove the chroma digitally (so it is more sensitive to IR than in full color mode), there is no mechanical IR filter of any kind, as that would, well bring the cost up. Without an IR cut filter, it always picks up IR, including that from the Sun, this is why they have messed up colors, though indoors you will not notice it as much as outdoors, also due to having more colors outdoor such as green (from Bushes, Trees, etc).

I'm not a CCTV camera engineer, and this is just a rough idea from what I've been told by a couple manufacturers. However they do it, basically Color IR cameras are not as sensitive in low light as a True day Night camera, and colors will be affected, if used outdoors especially.

BTW, the reseller doesnt appear to have any CCTV knowledge, as they claim:

"Camera Shot: 1/3 and 1/4 picture sensors"

i dunno i didnt know there were cctv forums before i bought it.

i dont know any thing about them

how much light would there not have to be for this to go into night mode any ideas?

My vote, try to get your money back.

I pretty sure this is never going to work out for you, buying from ebay makes me think very limited budget. This isn't a limited budget solution, I doubt it can even be done reasonably with 1 camera.

You might try some hi res BW bullets with lenses and an illuminator.

yer very limited as in cheap as i can

think ill stick with this camera if it turns out to be wank it will go back on ebay and i will look for a better 1 the thing that drew me initially to this was i thought it would give me good quality pistures in "colour" in the dark

so long as it looks a lot better than this atnight ill be happy this is with my eyetoy from my ps2 as a webcam

pic1.jpg

thats the camera in black and white it seems to run bette rthis way compared to colour

although this is improved when the camera is the other side of the window

well im off ill ready here in a few hours see if there a reply

camera has now arrived and been fitted with a hell of a load of cursing and property destruction (new air vent plaster and slicione is needed)

here is the pic

cctv.jpg

might adjust it so IR points slightly closer to the gate to see who goes past