brian

Arm jdvr16320cd dvr 16 channel

I've confirmed the JDVR series and yes I've used it. I use a different the original manufacturers version, not ARMS, but its the same unit. Good DVR, the only drawback is the adjustment on the frame rate is on the whole unit rather than each channel individually. JPEG2000 compression is good, remote access is good as long as you have good upload, playback is easy, and burning to a CD and playing back on a computer gives pretty nice video.

Then unit is made by Argus.

The new units (JADV-1600) have remote bandwidth adjustment tool that allows you to select good speed or the great JPEG2000 quality across the net. The advanced motion detection rivals that of any of the $5000 units and the CMS software allows users to view as many locations as they wish from a single consolidated screen.

Too bad they don't have a demo site setup. Arm's website is pretty sparse of any useful information on their equipment.

Good DVR, the only drawback is the adjustment on the frame rate is on the whole unit rather than each channel individually.

I installed one in a local charity and set the frame rate and resolution for all channels simultaneously through the simplified process described in the manual.

But I recall that there was another way to set each channel individually. I don't have the manual so I can't describe the method, though.

I liked that it has two ways to burn a CD: a simple key sequence entered during searches will write a file of an individual camera and copy the viewer onto the CD and the on-screen menu allows more advanced burning with multiple cameras and other options.

The downside of all ARM products, including this one, is that the manuals are confusing and not well written. And their website leaves much to be desired.