rory

Binary Cracked -2(2)

Anyone ever seen this?

This is a Geo WatchDog Log Message ..

this has happened twice now on one system, where I got to the location and Windows was up but the Geo system was not.

Binary Cracked -2(2)

Basically its in the Health Log file.

What happened was the other morning I was called to check out a system, as there was no video. I get there and Windows is fine, there is nothing in the system log that Geo was shut down, nothing in the UPS history for the previous night, but i got this message for 2 am that morning ..

Im thinking there is a problem with the hard drive anyway, but for this to happen only once it is strange ..

Any ideas .. before i spend $200 on a new 160GB hard drive ..

Thanks

Rory

no, they're online form has all kinds of questions, such as Card serial number, which i dont have .. as its in the PC at the location .. Ive emailed them in the past though and never received a response.

binary cracked is sometime associated with counterfeit cards, although I've seen it before on a genuine 1480.

Best best is to email geo support with the .ini files.

8.01 upgraded to 8.02

Legit GV650 Card from a recognized Geo Distributor.

It hasn't done it since those 2 times, but I fear it will again.

Client hasn't given me the okay to pick it up and swap the hard drive as yet.

But it still may not be that.

I'm with you on the HD possiblity, haven't seen it with Geo but others. None like to hit an unwriteable sector on the HD.

Always do a complete format, never the "quick" format option.

Yeah i never use Quick Format, in fact on that HDD, i had done a Full Zero Fill .. still didnt seem to help ...

Well, you could always run spinrite on the hdd. Course, you will need several days if it's a large hdd. If it has bad sectors, it will map em, and in some cases actually restore it!

Its a pretty good program I used to use before hdd's became cheap.

i already bought a new Hard Drive .. even Zero Fill took too much time let alone Spin Rite .. My issue is whether it is the hard drive or something else . ..

Rory.......when it happend to my 1480 with the binary cracked in the Health log, they asked to send it back for RMA after checking out the .ini files, because there is no counterfeit 1480 cards available. Apparently, there's a chipset on the card that wasn't functioning properly, SW recognizing it as a non-genuine Geo card causing that message.

The kind ppl at Geo support will RDT or VNC to the machine to check it out if you can send them a picture of the card to prove it's genuine...or with barcode number.