Arockerdude

One computer, Two monitors and run diff, prgrams on the two

Is it possible to run two monitors off one computer. Displaying the Geovision800 card software on one computer and displaying my windows programs on the other. I have an ATI 9550 video card installed and I also have a backup video card I can use if needed.

I see that the ATI 9550 is set up for two differnt monitors. But I don't think it will run two different programs at the same time. Thanks for the help. Dave

Is it possible to run two monitors off one computer.

Yes, you can. I do it with my Geo 1240 card on my system, having the cameras view on a 17" LCD and run server monitoring stuff on my 20"LCD. Both hooked up to my PC w/ the geo software running.

I used the dmpos.exe located in the geo folder to position the cameras to the 17" LCD, and everything else runs on the other monitor in dual monitor mode. I even have the 20" hooked up to a kvm so I can bounce back and forth to other servers, but the 17" still views the cameras.

hope this helps.

(I used the I used the dmpos.exe located in the geo folder to position the cameras to the 17" LCD, and everything else runs on the other monitor in dual monitor mode. I even have the 20" hooked up to a kvm so I can bounce back and forth to other servers, but the 17" still views the cameras. located in the geo folder to position the cameras to the 17" LCD, and everything else runs on the other monitor in dual monitor mode. I even have the 20" hooked up to a kvm so I can bounce back and forth to other servers, but the 17" still views the cameras.)

When I clone the left screen to the right screen. Everything on both of the screens is the same. Now when I just try two activate both screens without cloning. There is no icons just wallpaper on the right screen. If I drag windows two the right side of the left sceen they appear on the right screen. Thats all I can figure out on the dual screen mode. I cant figure out how to do anything other than drag windows to the right screen. And I can't drag the Geo software. So I could not get it to work. I get no icons or start menu on the right side screen.

You are doing it right, you shouldn't see a start menu or icons on the second display.

I have never used the dmpos.exe app before but I am guessing thats what will position the geo window, you might wait for cmf to chime back in. I'll probably find that app and play with it later though.

were you able to get this working? The other post - http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7339&highlight= How do you drag and drop Geo Software? Collin is correct -

Okay run DMPos.exe from the C:\GV****\

Go to the MultiCam tab

Choose either the 4 corner options or user define.

If user define you must enter X Y Coordinates.

You can either set the X Y origins, or use the set position to make the cameras display on your 2nd monitor at a fixed position, all under the multicam tab

If you still need help, post back under either thread.