galen

User Friendly

Is there a more user friendly DVR than others? I have a customer that wants a easy to use one but I think its hard to find a stand alone that is. I know the geo cards are easier to use but she doesn't want to but a computer just for the security sustem. Thanks.

check out the dedicated micros or the new GE Digia II series DVR's. They are geared towards a more basic "VCR" style functionality with a play, stop, record, fast forward, and rewind type buttons.

I think more importantly will be your knowledge and ability to step them thru the DVR as well as a good manual, even if it means you taking the horrible manufacturer manual and creating your own for your customers.

Nuvico DV3's have a very good software as far as ease of use is concerned. I have installed a lot of different DVR's and come to conclude that Nuvico is the best for viewing recorded video and search . The good thing about the DV is that it automatically burns video player along with the recorded files. I am sure your customer will not get disappointed.

The GE DVRs (StoreSafe, DVMRe's etc) are all easy to use across the board, they all have the typical VCR controls .. but they are not cheap. I like their ease of use over the DM's.

Also, alot of the cheaper budget DVRs are pretty straight forward, no frills as no real features, get one with an IR Remote and it should be as simple as switching the screen divisions ..

Check out iEB1304Net by AVermedia they seem to be really nice and I have sold few in last few months and I am very happy with it... For most part I hate stand alone system but I am very impressed with this one. Look @ the link below for demo and hopefully it will give you some idea on how user friendly it is... http://EB1304Net.iLinkPro.com user id is: user and password is: 111111 (six once). You can view it from browser and it comes with PDA/Smart Phone software and CMS which allows you to connect 16 EB1304Net or any AVermedia PC based DVR cards. Regards, Sajaan

Thanks for the link sajaan. I looked this evening but two were dark. I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks again. G

My CPCam 576W 9ch is not particularly easy to use. I'm fine with it, but I'm an IT guy. The motion detect will log event times and you can view those events, but once you have viewed an event you have to exit back out and log in again to see the motion detect log again. PITA sometimes, especially if you are looking for something that happened and there are 10 different motion events.

I also don't like how the motion detect log doesn't say WHICH channel the motion was detected on.

No remote, also.

Sajaan,

Concur with you on that. The EB1304NET is definitely one of the easiest to use in the market today and we have gone through probably over 50 different brands now (They come and go..). I have to say i'm impressed with the SA6416 from AVerMEdia too. They allow you to put in your own SATA HDDs (3 removable slots!) and the system doesn't crash because the OS is embedded..pretty cool