Hillman

650-4 can not take simple contact closure?

I thought the 650-4 could take a simple contact closure to intiate recording, but in reading it seems I need an additional I/O board. Am I missing something?

Not missing anything, you need one of the IO components. GVNETIO card is what I suggest if you have an extra expansion slot in your PC case (doesn't need a PCI slot).

PM me if you get stumped I have doe a comple few of these and I'm tring to do more and more complex installations.

Thanks CollinR,

Yep, after reading more it came to light. I must of misread about the board, because I thought it took a contact closure direct. Because the motion sensor with the GeoVision board is so sensitive I can't use it in my garden to watch the critters. Any wind and it triggers , even with a lot of masking.

I plan to use IR motion sensors strategically placed and aimed (I already have them) to turn on the recorder. That is why I will be using the contact closure.

Thanks CollinR,

Yep, after reading more it came to light. I must of misread about the board, because I thought it took a contact closure direct. Because the motion sensor with the GeoVision board is so sensitive I can't use it in my garden to watch the critters. Any wind and it triggers , even with a lot of masking.

I plan to use IR motion sensors strategically placed and aimed (I already have them) to turn on the recorder. That is why I will be using the contact closure.

For most applications, especially outdoors, you are going to run into the same problems with using PIR's as you are using Geo's motion detect. If there is anyway to use a hard contact device of some sort you will be much better of (ie. magnetic contact, preasure pad, etc.)