datvtnt

Help me!

Im using DVR Avtech AVC783, now somebody changed may password. Please help me how can i use the Menu funtion on DVR and other funtions. When i press any button on DVR, it alwayss ask Password? I lose my password of admin in the software when i use Internet!

How can i use it now?

and how to reset it default?

Your best bet is to call Avtech Support and see what they can do for you but be ready; they are going to ask you a lot of questions to make sure your the owner and probably not help you out anyways. Passwords are there for a reason

At the very least they should be able to provide you with something to reset the unit to default; again providing you can prove your the owner of this equipment. Might be worth calling the company you bought this from as well. Maybe they will be able to pull some strings if your legit.

Disconnect the power, open the case, remove the battery and look for a jumper that resets the system's BIOS (usually next to the battery, and jumber is probably smaller):

53730_1.jpg

If there are only 2 pins under the jumper, just remove it for a second and put it back. If there are 3 pins, change the jumper to shorten the other 2, and then place it back.

Your system should initialize itself to factory settings, and you can use the initial password.

Good luck.

datvtnt

If kensplace fix works see if the Avtech DVR has an audit log. Maybe it wasn't over written in the factory reset and you can see when and maybe who changed it.

Install in a few banks and you'll realize the value of an audit log

Honestly I don't think you would want to install an Avtech DVR in a Bank ..

Great for a basic home DVR but not for anything serious like a bank.

How did someone change your password? Who else knows your password?

Why did they change it?

Sorry, i can't answer your question!!!