cctv_down_under

What does anyone know about this Company/Products

Good stuff. This is the OEM for General Solutions here in the U.S. Check out their embedded XP series, very stable with all of the features of the PC Based. General Solutions is really on the leading edge out here. If you want to check out the U.S. equivalent of the line here is a link. Only wish I represented their products.

http://www.generalsolutions.net/

PS: I just tried the link and it is down but should be up again. Unless they went of business (lol)

Contacted them, they have no distributor in the US as yet.

They have some really good looking embedded DVRs, kind of slow as DVR would say, except in the 4 channel units, which are 120pps, 30pps in the 8 and 16 channel versions, but nice units either way. Jog Dial, CDRW, Audio, etc. Ill take a closer look at the PDF's they sent, let us know how it works out?

They are coming over mid august for a US sales trip. Dont know if they are going to visit us yet here in the Bahamas, but I offored. They may only be coming to the West Coast of the US.

They also have some good specs on the networked audio recording devices, which come with COMs for custom apps, eg. add to a Kalatel or other DVR, for 16+ audio ports, for live audio,integrated into your custom SDK or COM DVR remote live software. Sweet stuff

Rory

I didn't know they split. Do you know which products they will be using. Their web site still shows all of the Sunjin products. I guess that is why Sunjin is coming into the U.S. for negotiations according to Rory. They must need new distributors.

Sungjin, built a lot of embedded machines for many companies, in fact they are one of the major players by the looks, prices are good, there is a new model coming out with more features than you can poke a stick at it is the 4000 series.

Apparently they are not big in the US, they have a large shair of the Asian market though.

They used to make for some very big companies, but they designed the 4000 series for a big player and they rejected it so they then made a lot more features and are now going direct, from speaking with the Rep, he used to work for the biggest company oevr here and no longer wants to do wholesale, Sanyo have opened an office here, Kalatel now sells direct too, Merit are about to open a factory and Bosch are now here too, seems many good wholesale people are starting to work directly for the manufactorer, the beauty of this is they have existing clients that they can use and if you go with a company that only sells cameres then you can also be on the payrol for a company that does DVR's, therefore two salaries and two comissions.

The Sungjin rep also is a rep for Baxhual (something like that) cameras from the UK,he makes a packet now. Seems the days of wholesale are grinding to a halt... wont be long till Geo opens an office or gets a rep here as well.

I looked at Big Wide at the Las Vegas CES and it looked pretty basic. I think it is way to primitive for what GSS is doing. Unless Big Wide is making huge software changes GSS dealers will never go for it. GSS right now is making big strides in becoming the choice of alarm dealers because of the compatibility with DICE and MAS alarm moniitoring software. Wonder what happened to sour the relationship (if it is true)?

The Sungjin rep also is a rep for Baxhual (something like that) cameras from the UK,he makes a packet now. Seems the days of wholesale are grinding to a halt... wont be long till Geo opens an office or gets a rep here as well.

I'd imagine that's going to be Baxall - they make cameras and associated CCTV equipment