sparks

Need 2 cameras (Help please).

Need the following spec..

2 cameras at least 1 with sound.Both for external use.

Ability so see in the dark at 20 metres

clear picture day and night

If possible clear leds that don't show in the dark.

Small and discreet as possible

What sort of angle does night vision cover (is it mainly focused in the middle).

Do i need a wide angle lense?

What is the difference in lense sizes?

How do i determine which one i need?

Can the dome cameras be wall mounted?

Hey,

I don't know what exactly you need, but I have two SCC-931TP dome cams that I want to sell. If these are what you're looking for let me know.

Thanks

Sparks, check out the ICrealtime cams. I know the 150 is everything you want but is a little short on the 20 meters. More like 10 meters but they have others. It has a mic built in. Just trying to point you in the right direction. Some of GE's domes can be mounted on the wall. As a general rule if it doesn't say wall mountable then you can't mount it there. I just beta tested a GE dome that is wall mountable and if you have light from another source then I think you open up more possible options. If you want all these features in a small camera, you will pay dearly, if you can find it. I will check for you Monday to see if IC Realtime has an outlet in the UK for you. With so many companies that sell in the UK, I'm surprised you can't find what you want there. If you PM me I'll give you a link to a forum much like this one right in your own country that are very friendly and will be glad to help you.

Edited by Guest

It is hard to find a camera that does not have the red glow from the IR illuminators. You would have to find a camera that is in the 950NM or higher. Let me know if I can help you any further. Thanks

Thanks Deluxecctv

As i have some light on the areas i wish to cover with the cameras might i get away without the IR? Also if i went for a camera with 0.5 lux then would it stay in colour at night?

Hello, if you have sufficient lighting the camera will not go into IR night mode. When the camera goes into IR mode it has no choice but to switch to black and white. It gives you more of a greenish look. It will stay color only if you have enough light. Hope this helps.

galen Just checked mail thanks

@Deluxecctv

How much light would it actually take to keep a camera in colour mode if it is rated as 0.5 lux? WOuld it have to be really lit well or just to say take away the darkness?

If you light it to where it will barely stay color, you will get a grainy picture. You want at least 2 Lux. Your flood lights should do the trick. Try it first and then experiment with the lighting/camera until you get the picture you are going for.

I don't actaully have flood lights, out the back i have a halogen flood of 80w constant and 150w with PIR detection which is to cover 7m x 7m area.How does this stand upto your suggetion of 2 lux? There is no other light at this area.

For the front there is some street lighting but quite a distance away.I do have 2 wall lanterns on the house 60w each which do throw some light onto the area and the required distance is also about 7m x 7m.

I don't actually have the cameras yet so can't really experiment.This is why i need to know which type of camera to go for.

As far as the cameras go, I would pick a nice day/night or go with a high res B/W if you don't have to have a color camera. This should give you the picture you are trying to obtain.

It's hard to get a good picture at night without spending a lot of money. I would check Sensormatic or Pelco for some of their day/night camera. They seem to have great products.

I would prefer to go with the colour cam as i have been told that the image can be much more detailed in picking up a persons features.Is it possible to get a good day/night dome cam as i think that this might be more suitable and discreet for where i want it to be so potential criminals don't know which direction it is pointing.

Can't seem to find any Sensormatic or Pelco cameras in the uk.

I would prefer to go with the colour cam as i have been told that the image can be much more detailed in picking up a persons features.Is it possible to get a good day/night dome cam as i think that this might be more suitable and discreet for where i want it to be so potential criminals don't know which direction it is pointing.

Can't seem to find any Sensormatic or Pelco cameras in the uk.

You should be able to get the Sanyo Day Night domes in the UK ...

Check them out, they work well. You will need External Infrared though if it is very dark or pitch dark.

Thanks again Rory.Do you have some specific model numbers that i could search for that would suit me as i don't know where to start?