I prefer WD. Their drives are quite reliable and their support beats all others hands down. An example - they replaced 830 250GB desktop drives with raid edition hard drives free for my work a couple of years ago.

hi guys,

i work for a dvr manufacturer, and we use to have loads of problems with hdd failures until we switched to seagate, when the hdd failures dramatically decreased, we then went one step futher and now we only use the SV35's and basically we hardly ever get hdd failure's now. I highly recommend these drives.

Something for you all to keep in mind when ordering seagate hdd's now thou, seagate recently bought maxtor, so if you are ordering normal seagate hdd's make sure they dont just send you maxtors.

Edited by Guest

just search ebay on a regular basis for spares/repairs hard drives - you will see no manu is exempt from failures - I prefer seagate but theres is probably little difference these days, and as new tech is being introduced all the time, only time will tell what is reliable and what isnt.....

Just recently started to use Seagate for our standalone systems.

I have 4 bad (out of the box) SV35.2 250GB out of 40. Might be a defected lot.

I also believe there are not much difference these days.

Just recently started to use Seagate for our standalone systems.

I have 4 bad (out of the box) SV35.2 250GB out of 40. Might be a defected lot.

I also believe there are not much difference these days.

The Seagates are much quieter .. at least with the latest Sata Drives ive been using .. used both WDs and Seagates .. all the WDs from different retailers were noisy or got very noisy over time .. the seagate has been rocking on in a very silent mode ... this is important for a DVR in a clients bedroom.