rochalonec

Vista Help With 8.1

My old computer died. The new one has Vista. The install won't install the drivers and the OS can't see the driver on search. Any ideas? Dont' want to write over Vista with XP Pro.

Vista is a mixed bag with many applications. Dedicated Micro's Network Viewer works fine, SamsungGVI Smartviewer won't work, haven't tried Geo yet. I would expect most DVR companies will be releasing Vista compatible updates soon. I keep my laptop with Win2K next to my Vista PC to cover all the stuff that won't run on Vista.

Geo is not compatible with Vista yet. There will be a new version of software that will allow you to use Vista as the OS. If I hear of any further information I will post here.

Same I run a Windows xp Wstation next to my Linux box- ie Quickbooks wont run on Linux...

To many variables. Sux

M$oft- stop ripping people off, fix what you have instead of stealing MORE money.

GeoVision will release a version 8.1.2.0 that will be compatible with Windows Vista. There is no exact date as of yet, I will post when I know more.