Hi,

just camer across a demand for a dome with BBV up the coax protocol.

Has anyone been using this -for me- unknown protocol?

Can I compare this with the other UTC protocols, or are there major differences?

Thanks,

I use BBV up the coax (which afaik is compatible with dennard up the coax telem recievers as well as bbv ones), works well, not had any problems.

I use a tx1000 matrix (8 cam) with keyboard/joystick, the tx1000 matrix which outputs the bbv up the coax prototcol can also be controlled via a pc, with free software from http://bbvcctv.com/ which is bbv's own website (lots of info and utils on it).

As it can be controlled via a pc, it means its also possible to control it via geovision (which I did have working, but lost when I upgraded, forgot to back up the ini!) -but pc control would depend on you having the same controller.

Combined with a telemetry receiver that understands bbv (as I dont have any working domes, just a pan tilt head and zoom lenses) it works great.

Completely transparent, does not seem to interfere with the pic at all, and just keeps on working.

As long as you have a proper BBV compatible controller then you should be fine.

the gent above is totally correct. you need a controller that has bbv. the tx1000 by bbv is a good choice but if it is only the one camera you have you could use the bbv dtx400dc keyboard. you plug your coax in then the output either to a monitor or recorder (dvr) and your away. if you struggle with finding a bbv coax controller then what 485 telemetry does your dome have. you could get a 485 to bbv coax convertor.

BBV provide some great gear for getting most of us out of the ****

Using one of their Starcards or a starcard/converter together with a CT1/16 coax telemetry interface, it is possible for almost any DVR to control BBV up the coax cameras using the conventional system methods, whether this be a keypad, or remote client software etc.

This of course assumes that the dvr has an RS422/485 port available.

http://bbvcctv.com/products.htm