brock

NEED HELP ASAP!!! Time sensitve metarial..

Hello everyone i am somewhat new to the CCtv world and was ask to install a everfocus EDVR4D1 (4 channel DVR 500gb hd) with a singal B/W telephoto lense for survance of a home for a police dept. Well after recording 7 days of footage we only have the unit for less than a day to get the footage off so we archived it to a local machine. WE did several small test and they worked fine,.. however when we archived the entire 7 days or so it saved fine, no errors no nothing but now the video will not play.

When you click the viewer to open the file it just crashes the program and gives the do you want to send this report to microsoft deal.., i am using a 3.0GHZ P4 and its a fairley new machine. The video was supposed to be reviewed today by an officer to be reported to a court this week.

ANYONE that can help and as soon as possible PLEASE!!!

If someone is a professional and would need paid for helping with this kinda issue than i might be able to but its going to be out of pocket. I bought the unit from ADI but they are closed on the weekends!

Thanks agian.!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!

I would guess that the file size you are trying to generate is too large. Try cutting multiple smaller clips, say 8 hours apiece.

Note: I checked the manual at Everfocus and found that it cuts a custom file type (arv) that probably requires their proprietary viewer "DVRViewer" to view.

Also note the following quote from the manual:

Note: If you are unable to play “AVIâ€

The everfocus unit is able to generate without errors and transfer a larger file than the viewer can play. .. also is finished with no errors at 4gb when the actual file size was 7% of 500GB meaning it didn't even copy all of the information.. Sweet.

Thanks again everyone!

This is one of the reasons why I wish the security industry would come up with a standard method of back up and reviewing information. The current method works fine when the products are relatively new and the user has access to the manufacturer for software upgrades and downloads. But as products age and sellers, dealers and manufacturers go out of business, the users are left with products which no one can support.