CoolDude

Problem With Honeywell DVMS-1600

My DVR for some time has intermittently decided to shut itself down. Usually I can pull the plug and plug it in again and it reboots. Now it has decided not to reboot at all. Any obvious things I can check before I send it back for service?

Thanks

Well it finally died and because I am an end user GE/Honeywell will not talk to me. I need ideas on getting this in for service.

Thanks

ask them who the honeywell rep is in your area and take it to them, they should be able to do something.

Word from service center is the internal PSU is dead and they have no replacement or equivelant to put in its place. Anyone have access to a Pacific Power products KPP250-49?. A Google & Ebay search turn up nothing and PPP is out of business. The PSU drives the 3 hardrives, the CD burner and the motherboard and is multiple voltage outputs. If I cannot find the PSU then I am going to be looking for a 16 channel replacement.

Thanks

Have you had a look inside to see what type of psu it is using?

(safety first, unplug from mains before opening..... Warranty probably void once opened...)

Not sure what your machine is using, but some DVR's just use standard PC ATX power supplies that you can pick up in most places for next to nothing.

Worth taking a look to see if it is a ATX power supply, if it is, the power ratings will be shown on the cover, so you can get a suitably rated equivalent. Take and post a pic in this thread if you are not sure.

Course, it may be a custom job, in which case, you would need either a exact replacement, or to know the actually voltages/amps for each wire in order to get a suitable replacement (or hack one)

As for honeywell not having the replacement part, thats just typical of honeywell in my experience. Useless they are....

Son of a gun, it is an ATX wire for wire, output for output, same sized case. I did not want to mess with opening the unit but now that Honeywell has confirmed it is the PSU and not some weird motherboard or software problem I'm off to CompUSA for a replacement.

Thanks kensplace.

Good Luck CoolDude!

For the other people out there, check your fans, vents, and heatsinks and make sure they are not blocked and overheating the componets.

OK! OK! Everyone know this! I sorry for being reduntant. Just wanted to get this out to the Newbies.