kensplace

Is it just me, or the is uk cctv industry over priced?

10 camera system.

26 big pole mountings so cams can be moved to different locations as needed.

Wireless system.

Good cameras (mainly look like metal mickey cameras)

Installed, tested etc, continous 365 monitoring (at a existing, already built command center)

The cost.....

Wait for it....

724 Thousand UK pounds... Which would be over 1.4 million US dollars.

Any one got any ideas how a 10 camera wireless system could add up to that much?

Is the government or some other tax funded entity doing the purchasing?

Doug

10 camera system.

26 big pole mountings so cams can be moved to different locations as needed.

Wireless system.

Good cameras (mainly look like metal mickey cameras)

Installed, tested etc, continous 365 monitoring (at a existing, already built command center)

The cost.....

Wait for it....

724 Thousand UK pounds... Which would be over 1.4 million US dollars.

Any one got any ideas how a 10 camera wireless system could add up to that much?

metal mickeys?

if those are the Extreme CCTV PTZs they probably run around $10-15K each, not sure about the cost in the Uk.

When you say poles, are these the actual poles or just the mounts?

Yeah thats quite a bit of $$ if you ask me ..

I remember the cops here told me a local business sold them a DVR a couple years ago for $17K (came with win 98 but they had them put win2K on it!) which cost approx $1-2K first cost at the time, if that!!!!!! Yeah so some companies see the government coming and run with it, all the way to the bank!!!!! LOL

Metal Mickeys, made "friendly" to the UK public as they were used (may have been modified to have broadcast quality cams inside) in the latest UK series's of big brother. Sold by forward Vision.

Really annoyed as one sold on ebay for about 100 dollars once, working - and I missed it.... Grrrrr.

Look like really, really nice cameras, and whats even better is the company seems to be pretty open about support/protocols etc, pretty rare in the UK.

http://www.fvcctv.co.uk/products/index.htm

Not 100 percent sure its those cams, but it looks like it could be, they are mounted so high up, I would need bionic eyes to check properly!

Some of the cams look like normal ones in housings, those are fixed, not ptz.

Funding is 'official', from the tax payers no doubt, project not direct from the council but through several organisations, that I am convinced seem exist just to line their own pockets.

As for poles, its poles, mounts, the whole thing - big ones, custom built apparently in some cases. Cam sits on top, small wireless antenna on the side.

Most are fairly close to each other (the layout of the cams is lousy, could have been thought out much better).