Ok,

I know this has been somewhat beat to death before since I have read most of the post on the subject. But inquiring minds need to know.

All things being equal such as 95% braid for both RG59 and RG6. And that the center conductor has a slight size difference between the the two.

In pricing I have found that some distributors price the RG59 higher than the RG6 and some the other way around.

Is the only preference in using RG59 over RG6 or vice versa that one is easier to work with as it relates to stiffness???

My real questions is for CCTV what is the real difference that make you use one over the other.

Is it Price per foot??

Availability from Dist.??

Easy to work with??

Better signal due to size of center core??

Or just your habit because that is all you ever used???

All of the above??

Non of the above??

Other?

Comments appreicated.

TIA

Able, it sounds like you have it. All the above. Around here, RG-6 is usually higher is cost. And why use it unless its called for. Longer distance.

Able, it sounds like you have it. All the above. Around here, RG-6 is usually higher is cost. And why use it unless its called for. Longer distance.

Galen,

Thanks for the response. I kinda thought I was close to getting it. The current project has some relatively short runs. Longest about 125 feet.

Strange thing is I have one Dist. 'A' has the RG6 Siamese priced 18% less than the RG59 and another 'B' that has RG6 priced at 56% higher than RG59.

And between the two 'A' has RG59 priced 23% higher than 'B'

And then 'B' has RG6 priced 58% higher that 'A'.

Granted they are not the same Mfg. of wire but this pricing is nuts.

What is a person to do??? Lowest price is Lowest price.

Yes, but make sure your compairing apples to apples. Make sure your not compairing direct burial to riser or that one has 85% sheilding and the other is 95%. I know what your saying though, I ran across this about 4 months ago. Windy City has pretty good prices. And very good prices if you buy over a $1000. If your doing a lot of installs, it helps lower the overhead.

Sorry for the delay in response. I had already did the checking on specs and they are all 95% non plenum.

Some may be have gold leaf for footage marks. Haven't placed my order just yet. The next project is not for another few weeks.

Have a good weekend all.