nalexia

Slave monitor

Hi

Is it possibe to view selected channels on a second monitor on the GV800 version 8. the system running the software would be situated in the back office viewing all channels and a monitor only situated in the shop for the staff to monitor selected channels only.

Cheers

You are better off getting the loop through and a seperate switcher. That multi-quad is crazy high for what you want.

All you do it loop out only the cams you want on the second monitor and setup the switcher.

Depending on the quality you need, the remote viewer may be a less expensive option. (if you have an extra networked PC in that area)

Hi guys

Thanks for the info i do have another pc next to where i want to site the monitor which is used for the till and is also networked to the computer with the geo operating system but it runs on windows 98 so i am thinking it isnt capable of utilising for my purpose.

cheers

Hi guys

Thanks for the info i do have another pc next to where i want to site the monitor which is used for the till and is also networked to the computer with the geo operating system but it runs on windows 98 so i am thinking it isnt capable of utilising for my purpose.

cheers

No need to use another computer. Replace your graphics card to support 2 monitors (for example, two connectors: VGA + DVI, costs 60-70 USD). Then use DMPos.exe program to setup Geovision system monitor layout: 1 monitor - Geovision main system, 2 monitor - Geovision MultiView network application connected to "localhost" address (local geo web server).

Hi

i was wondering if that was possible as i already have a graphics card installed (geforce 7300gs) with two outputs but wasnt sure if i could restrict the amount of cameras to be viewed by the staff

Cheers

Hi

i was wondering if that was possible as i already have a graphics card installed (geforce 7300gs) with two outputs but wasnt sure if i could restrict the amount of cameras to be viewed by the staff

Cheers

You can do that, just use Local account edit to setup permissions for WebCam (there is a checkbox for camera and audio channels). You can also prepare many different layouts of cameras by creating "multiple hosts" in MultiView.

Hi Tpolus

Thanks for the info sounds a great idea and i only need the lead to the monitor thanks again for your help.

Cheers