G-Mac

Intro - from Seattle - Yeah, I work for a DVR manufacturer

Hey there, my name is Gryphon. I work for Airship Industries in Bellevue, WA. We make DVR's. Hope that's not an ad; I'm not here to advertise.

I'm really just here to read what kind of problems system installers and techs run into, so I can get ideas for making my company's products better. Of course, if I have something truly useful to add, I will.

Thanks...

Busy busy... sorry for the delay in getting back - I've got this forum on my hometabs in Firefox, so hopefully I'll be a lot more active.

Anywho, we presently make analog DVR's capable of handling from 8-64 channels of CIF @ 30 fps per channel (recording and live view) simultaneously. They can also do from 4-32 4CIF @ 30 fps per channel in recording and live view, and various combinations between QCIF, CIF, 2CIF, DCIF, and 4CIF. So for example, a 64 CIF channel system can be configured to do 32 4CIF channels. Same hardware, just flip a bit in the settings.

They are Windows XP based systems that come with 500 GB up to 6.5 TB of storage, and are priced ... awesome. (Resellers get a break, you know...) Go to our website (google airshipdvr) and register in the Store to get pricing info.

Did someone say IP? Yeah, we got that coming in the very near future, but in the meantime, we play well with IP Encoders / Decoders from other folks.

Our systems use H.264 hardware encoding, have remote clients with full server configuration access, a web client that looks great and users love.

What else you wanna know?

BTW - is that advertising? I feel like it's an advertisement and that's not why I'm here.

What kind of DVR's are YOU looking for? We want to expand our product line so what needs have you?