kmurrey

Camera System Pays for itself in no time....

We had a client of ours purchase a CCTV system from us. At the time all we were selling was Samsung DVR, Samsung Domes and Bullet cameras. The system all installed was around $19.5k.

Within the first week the system already started paying for itself. A DHL driver had hit a pole and bent it. This was one of those concrete ones that are there to stop people from driving into the building. DHL guy was approaced the next day, he said he didn't hit anything. We brought him inside and showed him the video. He called his supervisor and told him what he did.

The system has captured people hitting other peoples car, people falling, all kinds of stuff.

So I think it is good to keep in your mind the things that have been captured by your current customers CCTV units so you can share that with new prospects.

But unless you can back it up with footage, I would myself be wary, as I have never met a honest salesperson in my life.

Im sure they must exist, just never seen one... Plus even if I met one, I would still never listen to a word they said. Sales people should never sell technical solutions - technical people should.

But I agree, its a good idea to give examples of how cctv covers more than just direct theft/violence coverage.

I hear you on this one kensplace!

Just saw a job where we had to give away 220 feet of wire, conduit, labor to meet a botched sales job. The job again was botched so the sales guy promises the customer a free extra camera installed, and did not bother to relay this to the installation crew! Now the customer wants to move another camera from the side of the garage door to the middle of the garage door, and wants to change the lens to wide angle, and want to see the whole (very large) driveway at night. The customer wants to move the wireless camera out at the dock, and point it at his boat. This was supposed to catch a person walking down a dock, and not illuminate a 40 foot boat.

A botched site survey equals a botched install!

I think I will go buy some tums.

Whether the person is the technician or the salesman - they are truly salesman. Your selling yourself and your product when you are sitting in front of a client.

I am a technician - over 19 years in the computer industry. But I have been forced to become a salesman. I have to sell for my company, or there won't be a company.

I think it is good that I have the technical background as I understand what it takes to do the install.

I also take my senior tech onsite before we order all material just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I rely heavily on his opinion.

So if you think all salesman are liars then your calling yourself a liar.

Some people are just salesmen, some are techs that also sell .. its the salesmen that are good at BS .. heck thats why they are sales men .. they can sell anything ..

I have a 'home' setup...geovision 3 fixed wired camaras and a wireless

Installed the system in a spare computer I have...

The reason was we have several classic cars, workshop, and breed parrots.

We use the wirless for a variety of locations included obseverving/recording inside nesting boxes.

So an outlay of of about !% of the capital investment is cheap...

The other day my son purchased and expensive cell phone, and delivered my courier...And it did not arrive...

The courier logs showed drop off at 1:38pm...or there abouts

The replays showed me at home, feeding the parrots, and no courier.

The courier company had the evidence to terminate employment the delevery guy, and remembused for the cell phone...

So we already recovered nearly 50% of the installation...