Siiak

Geo Vision remote webcam Problem

Hi All,

Im facing a strange problem, this is a GV-800 12 port card with dongle and running ver 7.04, everything works great web cam works great on the intranet 192 address, but when we try the WAN address 71.x.x.x nothing will show up, Im using port 81 as server port.

Now here is the interesting part if I use the external WAN address without the 81 option the webcam screen comes up and it will go all the way till asking for login name and password then I get a message that can't connect to server.

So if on server im using port 82 on the WAN side I have to use port 81 to connect, if I use port 81 on server, on the wan side I'll have to use port 80 to connect. so its port used on server minus 1

This is strange, has anyone encountered this, I have opened the ports on my router so that is not a problem.

regds all

Edward

The ports are open, as I have also put the ip on a DMZ/defined them individually as port forward, but the thing which confuses me is why I have to do a minus 1 on port number when I connect from outside. like on server its port 82 then i'll have to type 71.x.x.x:81 and not 82

thanks

If memory serves:

jpeg viewer runs on 81,

webcam on 80 (or 1201).

82 is not pre-configured

So with DMZ enabled you will connect on 81 or 80 regardless of your port forwarding.

You re-configured Geovision to serve on 82 and forwarded it to 82 on the wan side.

A UPnP enabled router may be switching you around.

Tempting to default the port forwarding and Geovision settings and start again, bearing in mind 80,81,1201 come pre-configured to serve within Geovision.

If memory serves:

jpeg viewer runs on 81,

webcam on 80 (or 1201).

82 is not pre-configured

So with DMZ enabled you will connect on 81 or 80 regardless of your port forwarding.

You re-configured Geovision to serve on 82 and forwarded it to 82 on the wan side.

A UPnP enabled router may be switching you around.

Tempting to default the port forwarding and Geovision settings and start again, bearing in mind 80,81,1201 come pre-configured to serve within Geovision.